Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beginnings

Go down 
+2
Akaron Corvus
Wraith
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Beginnings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:53 am

Myst looked up when Drakon reentered. He hadn't taken all that long and she was surprised with the amount of blood dripping meat he head. She wrinkled her nose at the proffered meat - "Aren't you a dragon?" she asked softly... "Can't you just, you know... breathe fire?"

Of course, she had no idea of the abilities Drakon was capable of. But she assumed, him being a dragon and all, that he could, actually breathe fire. It all stood to reason.

Suddenly, a triumphant shout came from the back end of the cave and a soft blue light washed over them. The Portal was open!

Reht stood by the Key grinning to himself. "I've done it!" he announced, although there was really no need to. Waving towards him, he continued, "All we need do is walk through. But I suggest we be prepared. The other Portal is deep within Skirl territory. You'd best make sure everyone's ready."

Myst nodded. Standing up, ignoring the bloody mass of meat for the moment letting Drakon chew on her earlier words a bit more, she eyed each of them in turn.

"Who will come with me? Its not too late to turn back and I will not blame you. Once we past this through, I can't guarantee our expedient return. So... I will only ask and hope that your hearts are still with me."

Oh yes, Myst had grown up very much indeed.
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master
Akaron Corvus

Male Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:15 am

"I will go, I am a knight, and it is my duty to do so. Plus, exploring another world? 'Tis every knights dream for such a quest." He said, pulling on his helm. He walked over to Myst and knelt down to look in her eyes "We'll get her back lass, if misbegotten mongrels such as these skirl are what we have to contend with, I like our chances. They are much like the Gnolls from my own world, and i have killed tribes' worth of them. If there are more savage creatures awaiting us, at least we'll get some sport out of it," he said with a fang bearing smirk. He rose and stood behind her, looking at the others. Whether they would come or not he would go, alone into the breach between worlds if he had to.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Always Here But Never Seen
Shadow

Male Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm

I walked forward and kept a wary eye on the glowing portal. There were things about this place I knew nothing about and this was one of those things that would shock me more than anything else. I moved forward and looked at the portal, as if expecting something, anything to be on the other side but when all I saw was the glowing mass of blue in front of me I turned slowly to look at the others.

I knew then that I could not let them go through to the other side of this without me there. As I looked down at the snarling thing that was on the ground I knew that I would have to go through as well as they would need another skilled fighter. I moved slowly over to where the rest of the group, still amazed at how easily I moved in the bulky iron armor and looked down at Myst, one hand on the hilt of my sword.

"As always, my lady you have my sword for as long as I can swing it."
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blackwulff

Male Number of posts : 549

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 pm

Wulff had given Myst a wary look as she brutalized Fuzzy, he kinda felt bad for him, after all, some really couldn't help their instincts. He looked at her though and shrugged, "Don't worry about it." He said, standing and moving closer to her, looking over Fluffy's shoulder at the funny tablet, but moving back before he could complain too much.

He looked up quickly as the dragon man returned, food! He moved over to Myst and took a bit peeling it apart in little chunks so that it was easier to digest. It had been a pleasant surprise when he'd discovered that he could eat most things, so long as he had a DNA that covered being able to eat them. Like he'd touched the wolf so he could eat raw meat, he'd touched a large feline of some manner (he couldn't identify it) so he eat this or that, and it made eating a lot easier. Just so long as he didn't eat too much, or to big of bites at once. He was neat as he picked it apart and ate it, even prim, it came with his territory, even as he admired all the pretty men in the cave.

He leapt about out of his skin as Reht made a loud shout and Wulff about choked on what he was eating. Hey! The portal thingie was open! Oh frabjous day! He swallowed quickly, before he could choke again and snagged the bit that Myst had left behind, wrapping it in some spare skins before slipping it in his pack for later. He looked at Myst when she looked at him and he put his shoulders back, "I'm coming." He said, "I haven't come all this way just to go back now." He muttered, "I'm not much of a warrior, but I can bite, kick, claw and scratch as good as the rest of them." He said stubbornly.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:49 am

"Aren't you a dragon?" Myst asked softly... "Can't you just, you know... breathe fire?"

Drakon only offered a slight hint of a smile.
"Oh yes, and more." he whispered back as his golden eyes glittered in the dark. "But," he said suddenly, straightening up again and handing a chunk of meat to the wolf boy.
"I am a dragon, not an E-Z bake oven. My flame is not suitable to cook some lump of meat for eating."

It was then that the portal falred to life, filling the cavern with soft blue light.

"Who will come with me? Its not too late to turn back and I will not blame you. Once we past this through, I can't guarantee our expedient return. So... I will only ask and hope that your hearts are still with me."

Drakon simply packed away the bits of remaining food as the others made their proclimations, standing silently until Myst looked back towards him.

"Nothing has changed with the passing of an hour, Changeling." he said, shrugging.

Last edited by Wraith on Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, I changed "Wraith" to "Myst"....)
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:28 am

This Thread is now Officially Closed in connection with the OOC: Beginnings: First Mission Brief thread.

The storyline continues in the new Mission thread in Gatherings:

Journeys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings   Beginnings - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginnings
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion Vale :: Universes :: Archives-
Jump to: