Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beginnings - first mission brief

Go down 
+3
Shadow
Akaron Corvus
Wraith
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 8:54 am

Well, we're not too far into the mission yet. If we get an introduction sequence going with Wraith and Lu... I don't see why you can't join if you want to.

On that note, once a few more posts are done, Optimas may also join if he wishes. Just note that I have much more control over what's happening in this thread than I do in every body's Gateways threads.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Another question:

Given GD's draconic strength and agility, added to his Valian strength enhancements, if GD connects with say a crescent kick to the head or torso, he could theoretically send an opponent literally cartwheeling through the air.

So my question becomes; just how 'Matrix-y' do you want our fight scenes to be?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Always Here But Never Seen
Shadow

Male Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 am

I have a question:

Can I feed on any of the Skirls if my hunger overwhelms me? I don't think any of the others would appreciate me feeding on them, especially GD. Mmmmmm, dragon blood.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 am

GoldenDrakon wrote:
Another question:

Given GD's draconic strength and agility, added to his Valian strength enhancements, if GD connects with say a crescent kick to the head or torso, he could theoretically send an opponent literally cartwheeling through the air.

So my question becomes; just how 'Matrix-y' do you want our fight scenes to be?

Matrx-y? I'm sure I have no idea what you mean... Just a regular combat thingy will be fine. And yes, should you connect, you'll do damage. However, even though you're enhanced to contend with this world... don't forget, both the Aegirans and the Skirls *live* in this world. They were born, raised and trained here.

So... they could just surprise you.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 8:28 am

Shadow wrote:
I have a question:

Can I feed on any of the Skirls if my hunger overwhelms me? I don't think any of the others would appreciate me feeding on them, especially GD. Mmmmmm, dragon blood.

Well, I don't see why not. However, remember that just like meat, or chicken... the source of the food is often how it tastes.

So... the sheep thingys (I can't remember their name just yet... hmm... I've got to think about putting up a Valian beastiary...) are sweet and tender... considering their bred for feeding on.

But the skirls are scavengers. They usually eat raw meat, or very roughly cooked meat. They can be, at times, vulture like. Also... they're hairy, smelly and yeah...

SO yes, you can feed on ANY blood source. (even if its green) unless they have some sort of poison in them which you will contract if you eat them. Same with Skirls, however... Somehow I don't think they'd taste very nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eidys
Bibliotikarie
Eidys

Female Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: I am back :)   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:58 am

I just need to play catch-up and see where things are at Razz

Then I can get back in the story!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EddaHawkins.com
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Welcome back E, and I hope you have fun when you're able to join. Any questions story wise, just PM me and we'll work it out.
Back to top Go down
Eidys
Bibliotikarie
Eidys

Female Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:45 pm

Wraith wrote:
Welcome back E, and I hope you have fun when you're able to join. Any questions story wise, just PM me and we'll work it out.

Sweet--thanks! cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.EddaHawkins.com
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Okay guys,

While I'm not still 100%, I felt that this mission has been stagnant for too long.

I'm sorry that I godmodded, but I needed to move things along and have everybody on the same page.

Any questions, let me know.

Also, after a few others post their reaction to what's just happened, I will post a reaction to "GD's" post I just did. Or somebody else could explain what's going on with Wraith and all that.

Also, it might be a good idea to tie up the Skirl, seeing as Drakon didnt' have any rope with him.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:23 pm

E? Shadow? Vi?

Where did all the posters go?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:31 am

*shrug* I don't know... but I'm thinking of ending this mission soon and starting up a new one with current posters. Same story line -- but less loose ends.

Anyway, Reht should be getting the Gateway up soon, so yeah. Look out for a new mission thread.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 am

OKAY!! ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!

Sorry, just wanted your attention.

After people post their agreement on the current thread to go through the Portal, I will be starting a new mission.

I will be starting this new mission in one month's time. That should give other people who wish to join time to finish their Gateways threads in order to join.

So, for now, the current mission is still running. I just want people to post ICly their interest. If you do not post in the allotted Month's time, then I assume you no longer wish to participate in the Mission.

In addition to the OOC post, I will be sending an Email to all current Missioners.

Once again, I must stress that you need to post AT LEAST ONCE in the current thread to ensure your participation in the next.

The next mission will deal with passing through the Portal and dealing with whatever's on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:27 am

This Thread is now Officially Closed in connection with the IC: Beginnings thread.

The storyline continues in the new Mission thread in Gatherings:

Journeys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginnings - first mission brief   Beginnings - first mission brief - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginnings - first mission brief
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2