Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Casting Call: Stockton by Night

Go down 
+2
Akaron Corvus
GoldenDrakon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Empty
PostSubject: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 1:07 am

A Vampire the Masquerade story,

As I had mentioned previously, I ran a Play by E-Mail campaign which fell through a while ago and have been thinking of trying to restart it as a story board game. At the moment, I'm still fleshing the 'new style' out a bit, so we'll see how it comes together -if- there's enough interest in starting it.

*slips into Toreador persona*
Ah, but where are my mannors? ,This is a RP forum and you are all skilled writers and poets all....

...I must at least offer a teaser...

In early 2000, Anarchs of the Free States attempted to sieze power in San Francisco. In a spectacular and bloody coup, well armed Anarch parties attacked Kindred havens and power bases all throughout the Bay Area, culminating in the city itself. The Anarchs were successful in deposing Prince Jochen van Nuys and disrupting the Camarilla power base. However, in the battle, Terry MacNiel and his childe, Crispus Atucks, the two most influential members within the Anarch Movement, both met Final Death as well. The end result was an enormous power vacuum.
The Sabbat, still flushed with their successes on the East Coast and smelling opportunity, pressed upwards from Mexico. The Camarilla, in their bastions of Sacramento and Las Vegas, recognized that California, the most powerful State in the United States, was too great a prize to loose. Caught in the middle, the Anarch Free States lash out at anything and everything in an attempt to hold onto what they have taken. The Golden State has turned blood red on the outside and black and blue on the inside.

Welcome to the wasteland.

*Beckons forward*
... Interested my little trubadores?
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master
Akaron Corvus

Male Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:13 am

sounds cool to me
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:25 am

Okay, I must admit, I'm interested. But I've only heard of V:TM, so I know nothing about it. (I"m such a newb Very Happy) If you can accept a bumbling writer that pretty much makes it up as she goes, then I'm your woman LOL

(Nice initiative btw Very Happy )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am

Wraith wrote:
Okay, I must admit, I'm interested. But I've only heard of V:TM, so I know nothing about it. (I"m such a newb Very Happy) If you can accept a bumbling writer that pretty much makes it up as she goes, then I'm your woman LOL

(Nice initiative btw Very Happy )

Same here... what she said...
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Always Here But Never Seen
Shadow

Male Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 9:29 am

I'm very interested in this one.

All I can say is count me in....
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 11:08 am

Hey everyone,

I must admit, I'm a bit suprised with all the interest.

Given that so many are interested, I have added my webpage to my profile. Feel free to look but do bear in mind that it's still set up for a play by E-mail. If this takes off, I'll have to edit...(and maybe add a link to IV?)

I'm sure it'll spark a handful of questions too. Ask away.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 4:10 pm

Okay... I'm confused. Its all very... thorough Very Happy

I think that I may sit this one out and jump in when I understand what's going on a little better. I have to study the game system, I'm not really used to game RPing. But I'll give it a try if I think I can do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 10:33 pm

I wasn't sure if we'd be able to do actual 'characters' as per the game, but you would need a basic idea of things like the clans, the powers they have and some of the terminology. All of that is available at my site or you'd be 'taught' as my game progressed.
EX: If I say , 'You need to visit the Ventrue Primogen with Obfuscate.' This has no meaning unless you understand that 'Ventrue' is a vampire clan, 'Primogen' is a position of authority and 'Obfuscate' is a Blood Power. (called Disciplines) Really, it's not complicated, it's just getting started cause it's new.

Mostly, we'd just be RPing like we normally do, I'd just stick some guidelines to what you wanted. Don't worry about all the dots and stuff, we can come to that some other time.

For example, tell me what you think your character would be like. Street punk? learned schollar? sexual dynamo? Total ass kicking machine? Dr. Bizarro as a vampire?

We'll start there.
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 am

my vampyre would totally be an ancient immortal warrior with centuries of fighting prowess, perhaps a tragic loss caused him to seek death in every major conflict, even though he knows he will never find it.

that was kinda deep, go me.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:23 am

Draganchroi wrote:
my vampyre would totally be an ancient immortal warrior with centuries of fighting prowess, perhaps a tragic loss caused him to seek death in every major conflict, even though he knows he will never find it.

that was kinda deep, go me.

Everything is possible to one end or another. Vampires have been around since the begining of time and their history has mingled in with human history more than anyone realizes. Still, you are more describing personalities and history. That's fine, but start off a bit more basic. Do you want a warrior then? Someone totally into combat?

Learning post for all:
Age is not synonomous with power in the World of Darkness (the world in which we are based) It is possible to be very old and not be particuarilly powerful. There are two factors to 'power', one is indeed age. Centuries to use, adapt, perfect and hone one's abilities and the power of the blood itself. This is called 'Generation' and is based entirely on who it was that created the vampire. Most vampires of the 'modern age' ( like the last 200 years) range between 8th and 12th generation. The lower the generation, the stronger the blood and the greater the POTENTIAL of power.

The antediluvians, that is, the first vampires in the world who created the vampire clans (one for each clan) were 3rd Generation vampires and were described as walking gods.

Why they were 3rd Generation and not 1st is another lesson for later... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 11:47 am

I think I would want my vampire to be fairly new.... Maybe she was made and then her parent vampire disappeared or went into a hybernation of sorts leaving her to fight for herself... or maybe someone wants to take on the task of playing daddy or mommy... who knows lol
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 2:28 pm

aye i want a warrior. Ive been told in several of my RP circles over the years that I am an exceptional combat writer. and plus, i like warriors
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 10:01 am

I want to be a warrior as well, it would be fun to write as one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 10:31 am

*pulls out sword* I can be a warrior *swings sword around before accidentally throwing it* Shit! *a cat hisses off in the distance* Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 am

*chases after the cat*

come back cat! She didn't mean to hurt you with the sword!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:14 pm

*searches for her sword* any help?

*watches Angelus chase the cat* It's a fast bugger isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Yep, but I'll get it soon

*picks up the sword and sees the cat look at it in fright*

ah crap.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 pm

If anything, I think I would rather be a magic user... I know its not magic, persay, but abilities honed with time. If you're just looking at classes to start off with. Oh and most definitely female...

(although, I do play a male vamp pretty well....) hmmmm
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Shadow Knight wrote:
Yep, but I'll get it soon

*picks up the sword and sees the cat look at it in fright*

ah crap.

*Huggles from behind* ooohhh poor cat, what did you do to it?

*completely misses the guilty look on PG's face....*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Well... someone scared it with a sword before we got it... it spazzed out for like... no reason right Angie? *looks at Angelus*
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
Akaron Corvus

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 10:43 am

no more swords for PG till she learns to fear and respect the blade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 am

Draganchroi wrote:
no more swords for PG till she learns to fear and respect the blade
*pouts* Fine! I'll just.... use my spork as a weapon! Nyah!
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:08 am

*Wanders in and flops down in the recliner*

I have made a startling discovery!

Work sucks.

and in other news, water is wet. Shocked

So let me get back to answering some messages....
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 12:48 am

Draganchroi wrote:
aye i want a warrior. Ive been told in several of my RP circles over the years that I am an exceptional combat writer. and plus, i like warriors

I'm thinking you'd fit in well with the Brujah Clan...

Brujah. You are of the clan Brujah. Street punks with bad attitudes, you walk around like you own the place. You have no tolerance towards people who disrespect you. You have an extremely short temper and you're ready to gun down anyone who opposes you. You love to pick fights and run into battle head-on.

Of course, there is more to them than 'street punks' but that is a good steriotype for them. Brujah are much more like 'rebels' than punks. Anarchs could be people like Susan B. Anthony, Isacc Newton, John Gotti or many of the Sons of Liberty from the American Revolution.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 am

photogirl347 wrote:
I think I would want my vampire to be fairly new.... Maybe she was made and then her parent vampire disappeared or went into a hybernation of sorts leaving her to fight for herself... or maybe someone wants to take on the task of playing daddy or mommy... who knows lol

I'm thinking Clan Gangrel for you....

Feral shapeshiters, they use to hunt among the overpopulated cities but were banished into the mountainous terrain. Some still live boldly in the cities, hiding amongst the shadows. You are wild, untamed by society. You rather not listen to what others have to tell you but go by your own gut instincts. You are also very loyal and would go through self-sacrifice for your loved ones.

A rough concept. Naturally, you can be whatever you want to be, but the theory is sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Stockton by Night   Casting Call:  Stockton by Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Casting Call: Stockton by Night
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next