Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for Wanderings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

Ideas for Wanderings Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Wanderings   Ideas for Wanderings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Greetings fellow Valians,

I hope that you all have been enjoying some of my works here in Wanderings. I have tried to entertain as well as inform. With Wraith's permission, I have been adding definition and design to the Vale, both to help design new bits for us to use on our stories and take a bit of the pressure off Wraith. With that in mind, I was hoping to encourage some of you to join me in adding to Wanderings and the Illusion Vale.

We have been given a great opportunity by Wraith to help shape the world around our characters as well as choose any direction we wish to explore for character development, even create new Valians as 'supporting cast' in our exploits. We can create story lines to keep us entertained that do not solely depend on Wraith's interaction. Here are some very basic ideas to help spark imaginations:

- What does your character do in the Vale? Where does he/she live or make a living?
- How do you choose to interact with the people around you? Are you a benevolent community helper, a stern but just overseer, or maybe a charming coniver?
- How are you coping with your sudden change? All of us were snatched from whatever lives we knew any have been brought there, changed into 'monsters' and now have gifts, powers and whole new identies, what now?

These need not be 'solo adventures', contact some of your fellows and make a storyline. Open it to others if you wish or keep it more private. Again any number of plots could be considered;

- We have at least two 'knights' in our company. Knighted by whom? to what end? Was there a ceremony or did you just say ' screw it, I'm a KNIGHT!' Perhaps the like-minded could band together to make a chapter house under Wraith, or another...or for themselves..... Others might decide to band together in friendship, business investments, work projects, or even romance.

- There has been a massive 'population explosion' in the Vale. In about a year's time, the population has rocketed from 350 to nearly 1000. Will you strike out and found a new village? Explore the wilderness for resources or take up a community service role?

- Little to no economy exists in the Vale save for barter and trade. Do you have a unique skill that you can ply into a business? seek out your own fortunes within the realm of supply and demand or just open a tavern and offer a place for the people to come and gather?

We are limited only by our own time and efforts, let us all come and add to the richness of our world.

-GoldenDrakon
Back to top Go down
Orgrim gro-Khaz
Youngling
Youngling
Orgrim gro-Khaz

Male Number of posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Wanderings   Ideas for Wanderings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am

I concur, I am actually planning a thread where Orgrim goes questing in an attempt to regain his magic, and i would actually like to have some company as i do this, not a ton of people, but one or two would be lovely.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Wanderings   Ideas for Wanderings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:27 pm

All of these ideas are fantastic, Golden Drakon, thanks for suggesting them. I would love to see some more threads in here - I love all of the characters of Universes and can't wait to see what they can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Wanderings   Ideas for Wanderings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Wanderings
Page 1 of 1