Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Tune of the Week!

Go down 
+2
Wraith
The House of Ainsley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

Male Number of posts : 299

Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 am

Realized it had been a full year since a metal tune has been posted.  So after much searching this is the song you will hear as Gustov rushes into battle and turns his enemies to a bloody pulp.    

That is if we can ever get things going again.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 am

And Just a few more tunes to keep thing rolling.  This band is really cool.  For those of you who don't listen to NightWish you should start.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:22 pm

Dude, I've been yammering on about Nightwish for years.  See?  Very Happy

I started getting into Nightwish back when Tarja was their lead singer.  Then they kicked Tarja out and brought in Annete.  And the last time I checked, Annete left and they brought in...who was it?  Wasn't it Epica's singer Floor Jansen?  I'll have to go look them up on Wikipedia.

Anyway, I've been wanting to drop in more often, but I got bitten by a copperhead last month and things have been really crazy lately.  Crofab antivenom costs about $12,000 a vial, and they shot me up with six vials!  I guess I'll be paying that off for the rest of my life.  Looks like it's time to buy a new car and try to get a second job driving for Uber in Dallas.  So how have you been lately?

EDIT: Daggit, I still can't create a direct link to a specific post.  Why did Forumotion have to change that?  Why?  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 7:07 am

A story that has the details "I got bitten by a copperhead" screams for more info.  So you're not dead or you would not be responding to posts.  Unless you are a ghost.  Are you a ghost?  How are you fairing?

Switch over to Out of Character Discussion to Continue this conversation.  After all this is the Metal Tune of the Week thread and should not be used for day to day stuff, only music related stuff. That's just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 7:26 am

Here is a great metal tune that I found.  Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 6:11 am

Another great tune in honor of a generation that didn't need safe spaces if their feeling got hurt.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Sabaton's all over YouTube, I swear! People just seem to appreciate their whole World War II theme. They've moved on to covering other wars, of course.

Also, it's been a while since I brought up Dethklok.

There. Fixed it!
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 5:50 am

Another of my favorite musical numbers.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Speaking of Disturbed, here's another entry for "When Metal Bands Play Non-Metal Songs":

Maybe it's just me, but this cover has far more pathos and a more powerful delivery of its message than the original did.  Sorry, Simon and Garfunkel!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 pm

I love this song. I've loved it for years. And yet, I've never mentioned it in this thread. So here's where I rectify the lack.

Pretty damned moving song, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 10:50 am

Come to think of it, I should add a little more GWAR to this thread too!

So...what did I win?  bounce
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 3:39 am

Here are a few of my favorite songs by Chris Cornell.  RIP.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 8:03 am

You would think that for any successful rock star, depression and suicide would be the furthest things from their mind.  Shows what I know, huh?

Also, I'm not sure if this is Rammstein's funniest song to date, but it probably is the sexiest.  (Also, the video is Nice Stuff Featuring Women, if you catch my drift.  Razz )

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 8:03 am

The Guilty Gear series has always been metal, from its inception onward.

And yes, that's all stage music.  Shocked

Hell, one of the fighters even wields an electric guitar as a weapon!

Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct can all kiss Guilty Gear's hard-rockin' ass.  Cool
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 10:58 am

Because you (never really) demanded it, a few of those Guilty Gear tunes extended into extended versions!  Perfect for your four-times-a-week Tae Bo workouts!  Very Happy

It's cool how dedicated the Guilty Gear games are to cranking out metal tunes.  Not only are there the usual "specific character theme" tunes and the "Mirror Match" tunes, but there's also a number of "Specific Fighter X vs Specific Fighter Y" tunes, because the Guilty Gear games are so story-driven and littered with cutscenes; in this case, The Spider's Thread is only heard during a "Millia Rage vs Zato-1" match.

That's a really specific reason for composing a tune, isn't it?

Those two really need to settle their grudge over the whole "Millia found her conscience and quit my assassins guild, and I've been pissed off at her for three or four sequels now, but she and I used to be lovers and I still pine for her" thing....   tongue

In case you were wondering (and you weren't, but I'm going to tell you anyway), the opening riffs of Heavy Day are what you hear every time one of the fighters pulls off an Instant Kill.

Neat, huh?

Now, get back to your workout! Cool
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am

For all my A Game of Thrones fans out there.

Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 6:10 am

More music from Within Temptation.  I love the beginning music of Dangerous.  That to me is what Metal is about.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 01, 2017 11:28 pm

For those of us who like a little metal with our Disney songs, there's this Jonathan Young guy on YouTube.  Cool

(Videos hidden under Spoiler tags for your bandwidth's convenience. Click tags for explosive decompression! Shocked )

Spoiler:

I'm not sure where to put these.  Razz

Spoiler:

And even though it's more like Green Day than Black Sabbath...

You're welcome!  Cool
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 am

Haw haw, Tiger.  Very funny.  As soon as I saw "Hamster Dance," I knew what was up!  I had to stop the fast food song after about 70 seconds because it's obnoxious.  At least that Spanglish song is catchy, and I could sit through it several times.  But it's not metal.   Razz

Anyway, I can't believe that I did all that railing about Guilty Gear back there...did I even once include the song in the intro for Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator?

Okay, there.  I did it.  Smile

You can stop the video at 1:18; that's the end of the intro.  Of course, if you like some anime drama to go with your fighting games, I certainly won't stop you from watching the whole thing.  Wouldn't it be nice if every fighting game had some in-game story development which involves all of the characters and evolves with every sequel?

Yes, Street Fighter, I'm looking directly at your static, stale, overhyped butt.  Razz

(And since Tiger there is such a huge fan of dropping quotes from killer bad-asses, skip the video to 24:49 and tune in for a minute or so.  You're welcome, Tiger.  Very Happy  )
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 6:31 am

This should make you feel better.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 3:55 am

This has to be the happiest guitar chick in all the history of the Seven Kingdoms.  Very Happy

You could get lost in a smile like that.  So happy!  Very Happy

And isn't that Norwegian accent of hers just the fanciest thing you've heard all day? Wink
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm

Some random schmoe on YouTube claims that Amaranthe's "Exhale" sounds like HIM's "Join Me in Death".

I think he's on crack.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 10:53 pm

I do hear similarities, but with about a hundred billion or more songs out there of course some are gonna sound similar to each other.  That doesn't mean that they copied each other

What did you think of of VolBeat? They were hand picked by Metallica to join them on their latest tour. That is a pretty big endorsement if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 1:48 am

I can't say I've heard of them, to be honest. I'll have to see if they're on YouTube anywhere.

As a conversational advance, though, what's your take on VolBeat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Tune of the Week!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next