Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncharter Waters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

Uncharter Waters Empty
PostSubject: Uncharter Waters   Uncharter Waters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:37 am

Uncharted Waters online comes to the US!

http://global.netmarble.com/uwo/main.asp

Mind you, this is more a trading/sea-faring/ship-fighting game. I played this like crazy back on the Super Nintendo. Of course, this should be a "tad" more advanced and deeper than that game.

Uncharter Waters Unchartedbox

And the sequel below. This also seems to have been available for the Sega Genesis, too.

Uncharter Waters Imgname--vc_wishlist_uncharted_waters_2_new_horizons---uncharted-thumb

After all of Ainsleys posts on the guru forums about Pirates! ect i thought he might be interested. you can't start downloading ECT until the 20th
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Uncharter Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharter Waters   Uncharter Waters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 am

Oh, yeah! I was big on playing both of these games! I played the hell out of the original Uncharted Waters on my Sega Genesis, then years later I played the hell out of New Horizons on my computer (with a Genesis emulator). The sequel was better than the original, of course; I played the pirate babe for all she was worth, and I glutted her coffers with the loot from many English and Turkish vessels. My hard drive died before I could hunt down the archpirate Goldtooth (or whatever his name was) and kill him, but I got pretty damn far into completing the game. Smile

I always did appreciate the nautical nuances in the Uncharted Waters games, all the way down to diffrentiating between square sails (for faster top speed and acceleration) and triangle sails (for tighter turning and maneuvering). We'll see how this online game turns out. Smile

And yes, I do have a thing for seafaring games. I think I rambled on about Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales, Sea Dogs, Burning Seas and Puzzle Pirates on the old CoHGuru forums alone. And, bugs aside, Age of Pirates rocks; taking one of the English Navy's Man-O'-War warships (with three gun decks and about 120 cannons; that monster was huge!) with two galleons and a ship-of-the-line (which was also stolen from the English Navy, and it was a beast in itself) for my Dutch privateer fleet was one of my crowning achievements as a sea captain; it cost me a mint to completely repair the man-o'-war after all the bombs, grape shot and chain shot I pumped into her, and I had to completely replace two of the masts (since I always loaded my ships with plenty of chain shot for taking down masts and leaving the soon-to-be-pirated ship dead in the water, and this was no exception).

But I renamed the man-o'-war Death's Head, and many English fleets, forts and port towns burned after that. Just come right in along the shore (but not too close; it didn't take much to run that man-o'-war aground), load all 120 cannons with bombs, skim an arm's reach from the fort and unload the Death's Head's entire battery of starboard cannons, then come about and do the same thing with all the port cannons (with four pops from the stern cannons as she comes about, just for good measure). The Death's Head never had to make a third pass. Twisted Evil

Give me a swift and sturdy three-master with plenty of cannon and I will pwn, no matter what seafaring game it is. Cool
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

Uncharter Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharter Waters   Uncharter Waters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:31 am

it becomes available for cdl at about 9:00 am (i think)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uncharter Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncharter Waters   Uncharter Waters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncharter Waters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion Vale :: Elfsong Tavern :: Game Corner-
Jump to: