Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ancient World (OOC)

Go down 
+2
Akaron Corvus
Wraith
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

The Ancient World (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Okay guys, I'm going to set up a freeplay fantasy thread. This is completely and utterely free play. There is no plot line, there is nothing but the characters themselves.

I will set up a single starting point, but where we go from there willl be up to the players and the characters.

As for characters and settings:

They can be anything. I repeat, anything, from a fantasy world. There can be aliens as well if you want Very Happy but they need a place in the world and a background as well.

As for the world itself. It is a standard fantasy set up. Several different kingdoms, countries, etc with all that comes on top. IE: Knights, royals, sects, priests - anything.

Character bios will be thus:

Name:
Weapons: (if any)
History:

Anything else will be appreciated but you don't have to go too in depth. You can explore your character in the thread.

Now, hands up who's willing to play?

Last edited by Wraith on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master
Akaron Corvus

Male Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 11:41 am

oooo pick me!
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Ok, give me a bio and we'll see if any one else wants to play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blackwulff

Male Number of posts : 549

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 7:31 am

*leaps into the 'crowd'* Me too! *throws hair over shoulder* My specialty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 7:54 am

Well then, you're picked too. Now get me a bio and something I can work with Very Happy

Then I'll start the thread.

PS: My own bio will be coming up shortly.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:04 am

Name: Wraith
Race: Full Blooded Vampyre
Physical description: See avatar. 5'7.
Weapons: (see avatar) also carries two daggers strapped on either thigh (four daggers in total). Also has ability to control a Shadow Creature.
History:
Wraith was an ancient vampire, she had minions, she had rule, she had everything she wanted. Her power was unrivalled, save for other ancients such as herself. The first tier vampyres, so to speak.

However, she fell under the spell of a very powerful vampyre only ever known as The Master, and gave herself wholly over to him, swearing a Blood Oath to serve him. He then used her in the most vicious of ways and treated her with less respect than a common dog.
She vowed to have her vengeance and with the help of another Ancient (Kain) managed to Bind herself to him. Now she could kill the previous Master. However, he had prepared for such a turn of events, knowing that she was powerful enough to do it.

When sent to Hell, he bound himself magically to Wraith and now torments her from the other side. If she ever dies, for she will go to Hell, she will once again be under his thumb and used in far worse ways, seeing as he has more power in the Underworld.

So now she roams the land, hovering between life and death. Wanting to die so very bady, yet fighting for her life every chance that she gets.
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:31 am

Name: Kaibou

Race: Half-Demon

Physical description: He's of medium height with a light build and pale skin that seems to stand out starkly against his dark clothing. He has gentle features, and is rather soft-hearted, it's in his nature. He has open, honest eyes, that seem to tell a different story each blink and his soft blue-black hair is cut longish, about down to his shoulders, though it's hard to tell with the rough hack-job. He has thick-soled feet, with calluses that make steel look soft and clawed toes. He has deadly sharp claws and tattooed hands, single figures in a strange-looking language and his wide ears, perched on top of his head, they look like that of a dangerous canine animal, except the colour, a violent, shocking magenta that stands out blatantly against his hair and a tail, also canine in nature that is the same wild colour as his ears.

Weapons: Teeth and claws, the occasional stick, he's not much of a fighter-type.

History: Comes from a bit of a rough past, his village hated him because he was 'strange' and 'abnormal' and blamed him for everything that went wrong. His parents hated him, though they spawned him, they were normal and human-looking. He was born as the great-great-great-great-great, etc. etc. grand son of an ancient wolf demon and he was the nine hundredth child and inherited the wolf's traits. He may only be half, but he has the potential to become full demon, and earn his way into becoming something (hopefully) great. He wandered on his own, after he left his cruel village and really hasn't done much of anything since then, maybe gotten into a scrap or two, but nothing that's damaged him over muchly.
Back to top Go down
Akaron Corvus
First Knight and Lore Master
Akaron Corvus

Male Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:04 am

Name: Aryulin Warsong
Race: Drakynmer (dragon elf)
Physical description: 6' 273 pounds, dark red hair and beard. Has many tattoos and Honor scars on his body.
Weapons: broadsword, fighting knives, two short swords, throwing knives.
Powers: Can summon the phantom horse Cruach, and illusory and mystic magic, including camoflauge and teleportation.
History: Was born among the Ashnari Drakynmer, and was trained in the martial arts and assasination techniques. Like all Drakynmer assasins, he was first trained as a dragoon, and so is familiar with battlefield combat.

On one mission he was caught and subdued by War and Stryfe, two of the four horsemen of the Sanguine King, a daemonlord of terrible power, after he slew Fury and Death, and brought before the blood throne. The Sanguine King was impressed by his martial skill. By foul craft he was bound to the Sanguine Kings Service, and made to replace Death as the Sanguine King's assasin. He was gifted with many dark powers and served the sanguine king against his will, his noble drakynmer spirit raging inside him.

During an attack led By Cahir MacCernach, prince of Frosthold, and Forgall MacFionn of the Riada, he slew Forgall, formerly one of the Seven Dragons of the king of Frosthold, who had managed with the help of elite Drakynmer Dragoons, to slay Stryfe, War, and Fury. The drakynmer warriors recognized the soul of one of their brethren, and using powerful magic subdued him, binding him and returning him to Drakyr. During this attack the Sanguine King was slain by Cahir, using the three swords of destruction to unchain Fenris, the celestial wolf, who devoured the Mourning Moon, thus reducing the sanguine kings power exponentially.

Upon his return to Drakyr, he was exorcised of much of the dark taint on his soul. But some of the Sanguine Kings spells, sealed with the blood of Elder Dragons, could not be broken. He was still bound to dark magic, but no longer was forced to serve the now dead Sanguine King, and so could now be free. Part of the dark curse stayed on him, a curse that may seem a gift to some, but to others a great burden.

Due to the Sanguine Kings magic, he was forced to seek death by violence, but the magic wouldnt allow him to kill himself, or to allow others to kill him. But his skill and power make him very difficult to kill, and so he is bound to roam the realms, looking for one who can finally grant him what drakyn warriors call "a beautiful death" and in so doing give peace to his tortured soul.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 1:31 pm

Okay, now we're talking!

I'll start up the IC thread as soon as I can. I hope that more players come to join, but for now, three should be enough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 10:57 pm

Hmmm... Well now, The hall is rented, the orchestra engaged; let us see if I can dance.....

Name: Willard Montbane, aka, Kile MacTaggart, aka, Blackjack, aka B.J. Williams, etc, etc, etc....
Race: human, plain, boring old human
Plysical description: 5'6", 170 lbs brown hair, just about shoulder length, often in a ponytail, long flowing handlebar moustashe, (hair color subject to change) sharp, green eyes.
Weapons and equipment: (when he's packing them) Short sword and dagger, Longbow, Backpack of holding, boots of striding and leaping, ring of invisibility
Powers: not a one, but he has a good many skills he's picked up over the years as well as alot of 'knick-knacks' to help him in his endeavors.

History: Grew up in a dilapidated orphanage and largely forced to fend for himself for much of his life, Willard's sharp wits and nimble fingers got him into a great deal of trouble...and caught the notice fo the local thieves guild, at an early age. After many years and adventures, Willard has found himself notably successful and happily well placed in his life. A Major in King Owren's 5th Coulmn and land baron of the newly built frontier town of Byway, A successful merchant and business owner and a prestigous member of the Silver Coin guild to name a few of his more important ones. (although not everyone realizes that the same person holds all these titles)

Now semi-retired, Willard, aka Kile, runs the Shady Lady, tavern, inn and gambling house in Byway. His demeanor is almost always friendly, charming and courteous even as he sits in the middle of a great web of influence and information.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 7:47 am

Yay! FOUR!!!

I'll get the IC up and running and lets see just where we can take this baby!

EDIT: Okay, the IC is up and running. Join at your leisure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Nice intro posts guys, but unfortunately Wulff, I have to point out one small detail.

Drakon's character is the one that owns the Shady Lady Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blackwulff
Apprentice
Apprentice
Blackwulff

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Oh, well, fine. Whoops. Embarassed My mistake *goes to fix* This is what I get for not paying attention and trying to post at 2 in the morning. >.<
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Its alright Wulff, we know you didn't mean it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 3:18 pm

I'll probably make Lor's entrance post tomorrow. Smile

Name: Lorëa Aaben (lor-A-uh)
Race: Elven

Physical description: Lor stands at an unimpressive height of 5'4” and sports a lean, boyish frame that is entirely too thin because of a lack in survival skills coupled with the recent escape from home. She has thick blond hair sheared short in an effort to divorce herself from an old life as much as possible (it is lengthy enough to collect at the nape of her neck in a small pony tail), an expressionable brow that is a few shades darker than the blond of her hair, and a pair of large, dark brown eyes. Her face looks somewhat pinched and fae-like, helped along by the upward tilt of her ears in typical elvish display; this coupled with her small stature gives her the appearance of being younger than she really is.

Weapons: A small dagger kept in a leather sheath in her boot, and a sling shot. All the more impressive weapons she had managed to claim from her previous household were stolen during several instances of being mugged. Go figure.

History: Lorëa was born the only daughter of a well-off merchant family in a coastal city. She grew up happily enough, spending the majority of her days chasing after two older brothers and occasionally helping her father's business along by substituting for absent employees. The illness of her father brought financial ruin to the family, thus forcing them to give away their daughter's hand to an elven lord who was able to produce enough to temporarily lift the family from poverty, despite Lor's pleas to stay. The woman's disastrous marriage to the cruel lord, whose ceaseless aggressive behavior brought about many scars, both physical and emotional, was endured for several years until a friend, a servant working in her husband's household, made it possible for her to escape.

She has now been traveling for a short while with the possessions she managed to bring with her, most of which have already been stolen. In addition to learning the arts of thievery, Lor has managed to glean some coin from her ability to heal.

Last edited by on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 4:50 pm

Welcome aboard Myth! Good to have you, I hope you have fun here on the Ancient World.

PS: I'm loving your character Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 11:32 pm

My my. I suppose I should get off my great, bloated butt and start posting here again.....

Oh, where does the time go....
Back to top Go down
Alatus Vi
Valian
Valian
Alatus Vi

Female Number of posts : 205

PostSubject: Vi Bio   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:24 am

Name: Vi
Race: - Lavanyin(Celestial/Angel though I use that term loosely. He’s more of a spirit based being than a traditional ‘holy’ being)
Physical description: A shady man at first sight. His dark hair is kept shaved, simply stubble covering his skull. His features are weathered, lined with a thin coat of dust. Pale blue eyes almost seem out of place, considering his otherwise dark countenance. Save for his eyes, his most prominent feature would be the well-muscled, ebony feathered wings looming behind him. These appendages follow his rather ragged state of being, feathers missing, bent or broken in many places and seem to be infected with some type of mange or mite. ((These wings along with the rest of his attire and baggage are normally covered in a dusty cloak that may have been red at some point in its lifetime. The garment has no hood. The rest of his appearance is posted in the event that the cloak is removed. And yes, though the wings are covered they do make a very odd silhouette behind the cloth. ))
His body was powerfully built in his youth, though now he’s a good deal more long and lean; muscles defined, yet thin due to lack of adequate nourishment. His clothing consists of a black long sleeved tunic; one sleeve/shoulder replaced with thick leather laced tightly down the length of his arm. A wide leather belt encircles his waist, holding up his tight, gray, tattered britches. A gladius decorates each hip. Tall, buckled black boots adorn his feet. He has a slight limp, which grows worse from time to time, but he seems to pay no mind to it. A heavily packed, brown, suede sack is carried over his shoulder; it has obviously been in use for quite some time during his wanderings. Perched sagely on his protected shoulder sits Io, his companion falcon.

*Io*- An adult Eleonora’s Falcon. Predominantly covered with black feathers, facial feathers are a chestnut red. Wide wingspan, long tail, black eyes. The bird’s gender is unknown to its owner. Io tends to be picky about who it graces its attention upon.
Weapons: Two gladii (Short, traditional sword of ancient Rome. ) , worn on each hip. The steel blade of each is etched with flowing symbols. The hilt of each weapon is crafted from an onyx stone, inlaid with silver and crafted in the design of a winged woman at its base.

History: (I’ll make this brief since I’m more interested in giving him a future here then dwelling in his past.) He is a created being, set upon the world in days long since passed to fulfill his task. Over time he became unsatisfied with the life he had been given and set out to make one of his own.
This didn’t please his Maker and he became a ‘rouge agent’ in a way. In his attempt to hide he spent much of his young life in slavery…still under the order of others. To be out of his Maker’s favor and treated poorly by many of his ‘Masters’ created a rather ruthless and unstable man.
He learned much from his rough past, how to handle a sword, steal and smoke. (Which he does far too often to be healthy) He escaped with this knowledge and has since taken to wandering. He looks to find a place he can hide from those who would toss him back into the servitude of Maker or Master that he’s fought so hard to escape. And maybe discover himself as well.

Last edited by on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 am

lol :p ... that would probably be a good thing GD Very Happy

And welcome to the thread Star!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 1:23 pm

Awe, thanks, Wraith! I'm really having fun with her, so far. Smile

Welcome, Star!

Aaaand I agree, GD should definitely get to posting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:28 am

Aww leave me alone...I'm 600 years old for chrissakes...

*trundles off in his electric scooter*
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:28 am

*rolls eyes*

Always the complainer.... :p
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 4:57 pm

Wraith wrote:
*rolls eyes*

Always the complainer.... :p

Dad burn whipper snappers....

*Grumbles*

*gums cheeseburger*
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 6:11 pm

I know its my turn to reply and I will shortly, I promise. I just need a little more time as I'm running around doing all sorts of stuff to the Vale and in RL.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Hopefully next year I will have a halloween special, but I just couldn't get Universes open fast enough for it this year. Anyway, I hope this is enough for this year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 2:51 am

Happy Halloween everyone!

Boo. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ancient World (OOC)   The Ancient World (OOC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ancient World (OOC)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next