Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gametable Nights!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:21 am

This topic should help clear up the old Gametable thread a bit. This topic is entirely dedicated to Gametable Nights, the side adventures hosted in my Gametable client, played in real-time by players linked in with their own Gametable clients and run separately from the main campaign progressing here in the forums.

Experience points earned through a Gametable Night are considered "extra credit" and contribute to the main campaign here. Treasures and items found, lost or spent in Gametable Nights are credited or debited at the end of the main campaign's present chapter, just to avoid those thorny "Where did you get that battle axe +3 in the time it took you to run up to the barn and back?" questions.

Gametable Nights Adventures in Progress

The Tinstone Warrens
PC Cast: Corwin, Karnoz, Sylvea

The Bountiful Burrows of Braddenlock
PC Cast: Karnoz, Keitha

Most Likely Log-On Times, Central Time Zone

The House of Ainsley (at Home): Wednesday-Sunday 8:00 PM
Corwin (SEAMUS): 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM Sunday - Thursday, 8:00 PM - ?:?? Friday - Saturday
Karnoz (GoldenDrakon): Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday evening
Sylvea (Wraith): All day (October 31 - November 6), possibly.
Keitha (Jazman):
Keagon (Taljor): Friday - Saturday 10:00 PM

Most Likely Log-On Times, Sydney Time Zone

The House of Ainsley (at Home): Tuesday 10:00 AM, Wednesday 10:00 AM, Thursday-Monday 12:00 Noon
Corwin (SEAMUS): 12:00 Noon - 3:00 PM Monday - Friday, 12:00 Noon - ?:?? Saturday - Sunday
Karnoz (GoldenDrakon): Morning or afternoon on Saturday, Sunday and Monday
Sylvea (Wraith): All day (November 1 - November 7), possibly.
Keitha (Jazman):
Keagon (Taljor): Saturday - Sunday 2:00 PM

My IP Address, for Hosting
At Home: 173.219.17.116

So to help this process along, post your most likely log-on times below and we'll see what we can arrange for future Gametable Nights. This is also a good place to voice any concerns regarding Gametable Nights.

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Male Number of posts : 194

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:19 am

Fri & Sat 10:00
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Is that 10:00 PM? And which Time Zone are you using? (I'm going by Greenwich Mean Time here to help coordinate with Wraith and anyone else outside the continental USA. Central is GMT -5 hours, and Mountain is GMT -6 hours.)
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:48 am

Fri, Sat, Sun evenings. Mountain Time
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 3:41 pm

I'm sorry, I never know when I'll be available.

I can tell you that I'm available monday week. All day. Not tomorrow, but the monday after.

I'll keep you updated on specific days i'm free when I can.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 5:02 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:
Is that 10:00 PM? And which Time Zone are you using? (I'm going by Greenwich Mean Time here to help coordinate with Wraith and anyone else outside the continental USA. Central is GMT -5 hours, and Mountain is GMT -6 hours.)

Yes, 10 PM (CST). Same as you Ain's
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 am

Groovy. Cool

I'll come up with something more tomorrow, but I'm on my way to work now (and it turns out that my supervisor Brenna figured that I was slacking off at work for some reason, and for some likely related reason she blamed IV, so I probably won't be regaining my access to IV from work after all. Sad )

But at least my Gametable still works. On that note, my IP addresses for Gametable link-ups:

Home: 12.5.74.228
Work: 65.198.168.234

I'll try to get on Gametable tonight, and we can see what happens from there. Ciao! Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:52 am

Man, it could be really hard for all six of us to have coinciding times. So whatever I come up with for those times had better be very well worth it. Shocked

The first post has been updated and converted, though. It's simple enough to bear in mind that evening in the USA is morning in Australia, and vice-versa.

And take a look at this excessively complicated time zone converter! They even have an entry for "Antarctica/South Pole"! What time zone would they use at the South Pole, I wonder? All time zones terminate at the planet's two poles! You would think that time would cease to exist at the South Pole or something....

(Oh, cool! They have Vostok Station, Antarctica too. Coldest recorded temperature on Earth ever, baby! −128.6 °F (−89.2 °C) in July of 1983, bearing in mind that July is wintertime in the Southern Hemisphere. Talk about some "go outside and you're dead" weather right there, huh?)

(Yes, I know about Vostok and their coldest recorded temperature. Back in Montana, it's how I kept my chin up whenever I'd have to go out to the flightline in the middle of January and tinker with the outdoor ILS gear and/or weather instruments whenever it was 60-below with the wind chill, dropping my screwdriver in two feet of snow because I could barely hold it through two pairs of wool gloves. "Well, it could be worse. I could be at Vostok Station, Antarctica....")

(Yes, I know. You pretty much have to be a Russian scientist to go there. Shut up. Razz )
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:51 am

Well, I wasn't able to break away and host until about 3:00 AM last night--a good four hours into my shift--and even then I had to answer the occasional guest call. OTOH, I got plenty of work done on The Bountiful Burrows' second level (which should give the player-characters a pretty good idea exactly why the fields around the temple are so lush and fertile).

So...try again tonight? Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:55 am

after 8:00 pm central us time is the earliest i can play, the latest sunday through thursday is around 11:00pm cst... on (US) friday and saturday nights I can play slightly later than that.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:01 am

Okiedoke. Smile

Come to think of it, maybe it would be simpler to skip the whole Greenwich time zone and just make two tables: one with Central Time (for Taljor, SEAMUS and me) and one with Sydney Time (for Wraith, and maybe Shadow if he ever feels like peeping in... Razz ), since we really don't have any players in Germany or Bangladesh or Siberia or whatnot. GD and Jazzy live in Mountain Time, but they can just subtract one hour from Central and there they go. Peachy keen? Wink

Also, I'm hosting on Gametable right now. Same home IP# (12.5.74.228). Hook me up, yo. Cool
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 9:56 pm

best bet is to send me a messsage via steam when you wanna play ainsley, i check here too infrequently to see your messages
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Well, more poopy: I just sneaked home from work (where I have my portable Gametable hosting) and tried to Join with my home Gametable client, and it keeps failing to connect. So it looks like you guys have been running into a firewall set in place by the resort's network admin. Firewalls block direct access to computers outside the network, of course, so short of breaking into the admin office, hacking into the hub computer and shutting down the firewall (a course of action which would be called a "felony" by most state laws), it looks like we're stuck. I won't be able to host Gametable from work after all. Sorry. Sad

I'll go ahead and erase the relevant entries, then. At least I can still host from home two nights out of each week (possibly more, if I wake up early enough).

But I'd better get back to work before somebody calls and catches me away from the Front Desk. See you in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:22 am

If you will be on at home around 9:30 PM (CST), I should be on too.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 am

Coolness. I have to pop on down to Aunt Alma's for a bit now, but I should be back soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:45 am

I should be around too if you're interested
Back to top Go down
Taljor
Youngling
Youngling

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 8:51 am

Sorry to have to have missed you guy's. My ISP or PC was acting up and was not able to make a connect to the web for almost an hour. Next time.

What days (nights) do you have off Ainsley?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Okay, I'm back. Sorry about the delay; Aunt Alma and Uncle Jerry just had their no-good grandson Jason accidentally set fire to their kitchen, and they had a lot to talk about. This is the same Jason who stayed with us for a month, made our coin bank and the $40 or $50 inside it "disappear," then played dumb when we asked him where it went. Everybody in this family just needs to stop giving him second chances; he's a parasite with no sense of consequence and it's the only way he'll ever learn. Rolling Eyes

But I have tonight off and tomorrow night off. I'm about to grab my books and launch Gametable right now.

Also, HI WRAITH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Well, let me know when you're on and I'll join you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 2:33 pm

I just sent you a behemoth of a PM in reply to your PM; sorry it took a while, but I bet you really want to get Sylvea to Level 11 (when she'll become capable of casting Create Undead) now. Very Happy

My Gametable's still hosting. Feel free to jack in at anytime. Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Okay, just tossing out a few ideas for future Gametable Nights here:

General Ideas:

• Duke Eowuld of Konegheim has appointed a new general over his army, and that general, having caught word that the House of Ainsley has quite possibly returned from death, has openly vowed to root out the "new menace" in Bardosylvania and, if it truly exists, destroy it. Lord Darrovan won't sit still for this threat to his domain, and he has asked our protagonists to track down the general's captains and lieutenants and silently execute each one, sending a subtle yet plausibly deniable message to the general that he would be wise to back off, lest his own neck fall under an assassin's blade. This story arc could last over several adventures, one for each captain or lieutenant to be put to death. Karnoz would be a good choice for this story arc, but he's definitely going to need plenty of back-up from whatever warriors, priests, animal companions and/or undead minions can come along....
Terrain: city, hills, plains, forest

Corwin and Sylvea:

• With the Dark College of Morribord's permission, the Order of the Twilight Candle has built a new temple with a perfect view of the sunset on the west coast of Morribord...and now, priests from the Deep-Fangs (a clerical order devoted to the Devourer) and their sahuagin allies are attacking it, and the Dark College has taken a stance of neutrality in the matter. Corwin and Sylvea may respond by sailing to Morribord on a mission of diplomacy and attempting to restore the peace. Of course, being the not-so-benevolent people that they are, either one of them may instead maneuver, aid, interfere and do whatever it takes to ensure that the Devourer's clerics [crush/are crushed by] Evening Glory's clerics; either Corwin or Sylvea won't be happy with that outcome, of course, but he or she can always make attempts at petty vengeance later....
Terrain: temple, beach, forest, aquatic

• A new ruined temple has been found in Lebeq Prime's desert, buried by the sands over many centuries. Rumors claim that this temple once belonged to an ancient death cult, and it could very well have inscribed rites and formulae for priest spells which have been lost to the ages. It would be a great place for a pair of clerics to go digging around; unfortunately, the ancients were quite keen on keeping their sacred graves and grave goods intact...which could mean any number of traps and unliving guardians. (Karnoz could help with any traps encountered, while Keitha and Keagon could help Sylvea and Karnoz survive the passage through the desert itself. Corwin isn't all that bothered by the trek through the desert, of course, as long as he gets his daily dietary intake of lifeforce; grabbing a few random snakes, spiders or scorpions and soul-leeching them to death everyday should be enough.)
Terrain: desert, ancient ruins

Keitha and Keagon:

• The wood elves have sent word to Keitha and Keagon that the drow elves have sent assassins to infiltrate Erluon, and some outside help to purge Erluon of her veiled assailants is needed. These drow elves have the ability to disguise themselves as wood elves very convincingly, so expect plenty of social interactions with NPCs as well as some good old-fashioned mystery-solving. Other player-characters certainly couldn't hurt: Corwin is likely to draw plenty of attention (bearing in mind that he's a wight at this point, and the life-loving wood elves take a very wary view of the undead), making him the perfect distraction while the rest of the party--particularly a pair of half-elf rangers who can blend into the population with little trouble--works unmolested; Corwin may have to fend off the occasional attempt on his unlife, but any wood elf who crosses blades with him is probably a bona fide wood elf and not a drow elf in disguise...which can only help the process of elimination. Karnoz is a natural with cloak-and-dagger skullduggery, and Sylvea can make short work of any interrogation with her Zone of Truth spell.
Terrain: Forest, treetops, treetop elven village
(As with any Gametable Nights adventure involving Keitha and/or Keagon, we may or may not have to rewrite history a little down the road, depending on whether or not Keitha and/or Keagon survive the Fall of the House of Ainsley. Maybe. We'll see. Wink )

Corwin:

• A new pirate captain is pillaging the Imperial Sea--which Bardosylvania relies on for seaborne trade--and the House does not care for him much. Corwin once again gets to flex his sailing muscles, take the recently raised Empty Gallows asea and put that pesky pirate captain to the sword trident. Any other characters can join in, but you can expect Corwin to make you work the rigging and the sails; his crew's short a few swabbies, after all.
Terrain: aquatic, ships, island

Sylvea:

• A mine with plenty of black onyx veins has come to Sylvea's attention...just what she needs to raise a mob of undead! Unfortunately, a cleric of Orcus was thinking the same thing, and she already brought her own mob of undead to drive all the miners out (or kill them and add the miners to their numbers) and claim the mine for herself! Sylvea may need some back-up to help deal with the Orcus priestess' lackeys so that she can make a run at the priestess herself. Anyone with Profession: Miner and/or Craft: Gemcutting can profit greatly from mining and cutting the onyx after the mine is taken from the Orcus cleric, and Sylvea will certainly need the more finely cut black onyxes for her dark magicks in the future.
Terrain: mines, subterranean

Karnoz:

• Two assassin guilds have been watching Karnoz and his work: one (apparently) impressed with his work, the other irked with him for cutting into their business. And soon, various rogues and assassins start showing up to either entice him into their guild or to put an end to him. The two guilds may be rivals, and one may help him against the other...but in the assassin's shadowed world, who can really be trusted?
Terrain: city, any
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:14 am

i'm up for gametable tonight Smile
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:21 am

S.E.A.M.U.S wrote:
i'm up for gametable tonight Smile

Me too!

Quick, someone call Ainsley!
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 am

i've been poking him via STEAM for the past hour, but it says he's in "snooze"
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am

Well, you could post in your Chapter Zero thread...I'm still curious to see what happens to our fav undead pirate captain....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gametable Nights! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Nights!   Gametable Nights! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gametable Nights!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion Vale :: Hall of Mirrors :: The Fall and Rise of the House of Ainsley-
Jump to: