Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Tune of the Week!

Go down 
+2
Wraith
The House of Ainsley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:14 am

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Okay, it's catch-up time again. And you guys are going to be so sick of hearing about Metalocalypse by the time I'm through with this thread.... Twisted Evil

As you may have deduced, Metalocalypse is a show written by metalheads (particularly, the inimitable Brendon Small) for metalheads. One of the niftier features of the show is how often it invokes other metal bands and metal musicians. One way in which this is done is to invite renowned metal vocalists to serve as voice actors in certain episodes (such as George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher of Cannibal Corpse and Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy, who both play recurring villains on Metalocalypse). And another way is that the show will bestow unto various fictitious businesses and establishments in the show the names of metal bands...a burger joint named Dimmu Burger (a shout-out to Dimmu Borgir), a grocery store named Fintroll's, a rehab clinic named Malevolent Creation, and so on.

And so, here is a Metalocalypse Sample Platter of the various bands who have had Metalocalypse's various establishments named after them...or at least the names I have caught. If I missed any band references in the show, feel free to post them here.

You do watch Metalocalypse, right? Very Happy

Yeah, you guys must be getting so sick of that name by now. Razz

Anyway, dig in!

Bathory - A Fine Day to Die

Also, YouTube took away the codes for the colored embedded video frames, and that makes me sad. Sad

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:15 am

I'm back again. Things got pretty busy with First Monday, one of our Front Desk people quitting and a big, huge RV rally in progress...so big and huge that I have to work tonight, which is normally my night off.

Here's something to keep you busy for a while, though:

The map's pretty and informative. What's more, you can click on any of those skulls and dots to read up more about a particular genre or subgenre, and with that comes a list of sample tunes for that genre. And get this: you can click them to play them! The map starts off with Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath" at the top of the Heavy Metal tracks but, for example, you can click on Symphonic Metal, click Edenbridge's "Fallen From Grace" on the little list of Symphonic Metal tunes and listen to that instead. After a song finishes, the player will cycle through the other songs on that genre's list.

Have fun! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Okay, don't remember if I put this up before... but I'm going to do it again anyways!

It doesn't have a music clip. Sorry, you'll have to do with the best that I could come up with on youtube. I've gotta work out if I can get just a music stream on here... Hmmmm *thinking*

Here it is Smile

Three Days Grace (OFFICIALLY THE BEST BAND!) Last to Know.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

Male Number of posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:21 pm

Personaly I I think that the worst of all Metal songs are better the the very best country songs.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 am

Yay, CopyPasta time!

So I'm back. I figured it was time to trim some of the fat out of my life, clamp down on my Neverwinter Nights addiction and get back in regular touch with my friends here on IV.

Also, I had a rough month or two when I got depressed, slacked off and stopped collecting the eggs from my henhouse for a week or two, then collected them all at once. Then I let them sit in the bucket for about two days before I got around to cleaning them. And one of the eggs floated in the sink like it was rotten, but when I cracked it, a baby chick--almost fully developed and ready to be born--fell out. I decided to scrap the entire batch, and true to my suspicions, about half of the eggs in that batch were embryonic. Imagine if I had sold those to some of my customers.

Equally bad is the realization that I could have had some new baby chickens, but I messed up and killed them all. Something like that will make you sit up and take notice of how crappy you've let your life become.

So now I'm building a pair of breeding pens, and I'm going to breed purebred Rhode Island Reds and Buff Orpingtons (and maybe some Production Reds, if I breed my RIR rooster with my New Hampshire Red hen), and I'm going back to selling eggs at the telemarketer place down on Hwy 64 every week or two, depending on how well my hens lay.

Leave it to chickens to drag you out of a gloomy, self-pitying funk, I guess. Smile

So anyway, I think I might as well retitle this topic because after posting that Map of Metal, I have no possible idea of how far ahead or behind I am now. So what's the point of doing it by the week anymore, right? That Map of Metal trumped everything. Cool

So here's a fun gimmick band that I'm rediscovering: Austrian Death Machine.

Guess what their gimmick is. Wink

Terminator Two Theme

I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots and Your Motorcycle

I Am a Cybernetic Organism, Living Tissue Over a Metal Endoskeleton

Get to the Chopper!

If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Come With Me If You Want To Live

You Have Just Been Erased

Who Is Your Daddy, and What Does He Do?

Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers

It's Not a Tumor

Let Off Some Steam, Bennett

Allow Me to Break the Ice

See You at the Party, Richter

Come On, Cohaagen, Give [These People Air]

Come On, Do It, Do It, Come On, Come On, Kill Me, Do It Now

Conan, What Is Best in Life?

Trapped Under Ice

It's Simple: If It Jiggles, It's Fat
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 4:00 am

So...how did all y'all enjoy Christmas?!? Very Happy

Semi-random metal tunes ensue! cheers

Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Just wondering if we're going to hear anymore of your metal picks...
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Right!

So this year hasn't been all that flash hot for the Metal Tune of the Week thread... so I thought I might TRY to revive it a little with some fresh content.

Woaaah.... ever get dizzy while typing? Me neither Razz

Anyways.... here's something I picked up way in my first year of cheffing. And yes, that was actually two years ago lol. Just realised now that it could actually be a great addition to the thread Smile

First, some cringe worthy music to set it all up (and I know its bad, but please listen to it)

And now... Metal's Answer!

Wotcha think?????

PS: Its even funner (after you've listened to them both) to play them at the same time. Its hilarious!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Heh! Miss May I is a bit too screamo for my tastes, but they have some solid instrumentals. Cradle of Filth has similar virtues and vices, and if I can listen to them...yeah. Smile

Also, random Elder Scrolls music renditions! Very Happy

MOAR VOICES!!!

...oh, yeah. The obligatory metal stuff:

I guess we should feed this thread some more, huh?
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Just thought I would post a few tunes of my own. The first one is from the game Darksiders 2: Death Lives. It has the best soundtrack that I have ever heard in a game. The second one is an oldie, but goodie and in my opinion one of the best metal songs of all time.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 am

I went and looked for a video clip of that commercial where Death (from Darksiders) meets Dethklok (from Metalocalypse). But nobody has it. Not even YouTube. Criminal, huh? Sad

Death: "Your pizza should come with black olives and the blood of a poisoned whore."
Nathan: "Whoa. Sounds like a pretty good pizza!"

Man, I wanna see that commercial again.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Okay... so I know this is a Metal Thread and all... but seeing as there are some tributes up there I wanted to add my tidbit. I don't believe I've actually put this up before and if I have... I do not apologise. You can just watch it again!

And Again!

And again!!!!

Voila!

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey, it's all gravy to me! How about you, Tiger? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:55 pm

Been a big Who fan since the late 70's. I like the modern rversion too and this metal take is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 7:53 am

Found this band by accident while serching for other bands. Became an instant fan. Usually not a big fan of screaming during songs, but this band has found a way to blend it nicely. One song is about two years old the other is brand new. Finally no band is complete without a power balled, so I have included that too. Thought I would share it with the rest of you and I would like you guys to tell me if you enjoy it too. On a side note I think the female singer has a lovely singing vocie. Also she is pretty hot too, but of course she will never be as beautiful as Wraith the great and wonderful Mistress of the Vale. (Yes that Last line was a poor attmpt to suck up to Wraith, though I know it really won't work very well.)

Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 pm

Hmmm... I don't know.... As far as I remember, Vampires do tend to like Sucking Up....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(shakes head, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. That was so bad, it was evil.... )
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:20 pm

So it wasn't so bad, it was good?

I am so disappointed in you, Wraith. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:21 pm

Join the club :-P
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:45 am

Since The House of Ainsley has left this post alone I will continue to post cool songs here in his stead.  Enjoy the music that has been presented for your pleasure.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 am

Kamelot forever! Very Happy

And at least you didn't saddle us with more of that "Cowboys from Hell" stuff.

...oh, wait.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 am

Cowboys From Hell is one of the greatest metal tunes ever.  If I wanted to saddle you with something really annoying I would  post some Justin Bieber.  Alas do not worry even I think that is too cruel for one of my oldest friends so I will include a less annoying song for you.  Annoying to you at least I happen to like this tune and at least is sounds metalish.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Slipknot?!?  Shocked 
*vomits forcefully*
*bangs his face against the desk repeatedly*
Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop!
*drowns the bad vibes with the only known cure for Slipknot: their eternal nemesis, GWAR*

(Also, Slymenstra Hymen rocks like a brute and I wish that she was still with the band.  Sad )

(See?  bounce )

I might as well toss in an Oderus + Slymenstra duet while I'm at it....

Randomly inserted pseudo-commercial:

Randomly inserted rant:

Alas, GWAR suddenly lost their long-standing lead guitarist to coronary thrombosis in the November of 2011.  Here he is, with his legendary custom-made guitar.  May he rock through Valhalla forever.  Sad

(And yes, that is a really sweet guitar. Wanna buy a copy? )

And remember a couple pages back when I tossed in a post about when metal bands play non-metal tunes?  Here, have another one!  Smile

There.  I killed the Slipknot vibes.  Let us resume with some Black Sabbath or Judas Priest or something.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:08 am

There are you happy now?  I didn't mean to hurt your little sensitive ears with such awesome music.  At least its not Slipkont.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Tune of the Week!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next