Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Tune of the Week!

Go down 
+2
Wraith
The House of Ainsley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am

Spirit of the Tiger wrote:
There, are you happy now?  I didn't mean to hurt your superhumanly resilient ears with the sonic equivalent of an internally applied Dremel tool forged from Hitler's ghost and Kryptonite.  By way of apology, I now give you two tunes which will not induce miscarriages in pregnant women, with the possible side effect that these pregnant women shall instead give birth to beast-strangling demigods.
Fixed that for ya.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

Male Number of posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm am posting this song as my Metal Tune of the Week in memory of my niece who passed away on Friday.  Please no smart-ass comments in her memory.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Wouldn't dream of it, old friend.

She couldn't have been very old, though. What happened with her? Or is that something you're not ready to talk about yet? Sad
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:45 pm

She was 23 when she passed. I can't say much because there is a police investigation going into her death. It may have been an accident, but there are enough suspicious details surrounding her passing that the police must look into it.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:20 am

Condolences Spirit. Sorry to hear of your loss.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 12:03 am

Thanks for the condolences my friends.

Now back to cool music.  

And I have also included the first song for the album that won the first ever Best Metal Album at the Grammies.  

If you don't believe me look it up. This is one of the greatest travesties in music history.  While Jethro Tull is an okay ROCK band they are no way Metal.  That is why it is so important to remember the difference.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 7:09 am

Preach on, reverend.  I had to stop Steel Monkey at the 1:05 mark; that's about how much I could take of that noise.  I never even cared for Jethro Tull as a rock band; Aqualung is a decent song for getting drunk to, but that's about it.

But Angry Again once again demonstrates to us that Megadeth is quite consistent in delivering the goods.  I have three or so Megadeth hits on my MP3 player, and it's far from enough.  I should probably hit Amazon again (while hoping that at least some portion of the dollar or so that I pay for each song finds its way back to Megadeth themselves).

And really, was Last Action Hero that bad of a movie?  I thought it started out as a pretty solid parody of every action flick out there.  It started to take itself too seriously towards the end, but it didn't really deviate too far from the premise.  Maybe the movie critics who slammed it are the same breed of blind, deaf and witless guppies who would give Jethro Tull a Grammy for pseudo-metal.  Meh.  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:53 pm

I am sure you have already figured out that there was a theme to the tunes I chose to post. I have to admit that I did not like Last Action Hero the first time I saw it. Once I realized that it was a spoof movie, I just sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed the show. The soundtrack for the film was pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:56 am

I know I haven't posted anything in a while so here is a tune for you guys to remember me by and another song that I just think is cool.  ENJOY!!!!

Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 am

Since this post has been neglected again I feel it is my duty to post a few tunes

I was thinking that the second one Iron Hand could be Gustov's theme song.  What do you think?   And now for a few classics.  

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 4:09 am

This thread needs more Alestorm.

Also, this:

And even though dubsteb-styled remixes aren't metal, here's some more cool music to play while you're doing housework.  Wink

Have a good day.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 4:53 am

Okay... I know its not technically metal... but meh. I'm eclectic...

AND THE ADMIN!! MWAHAHAHAH!

And the Original song...

Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 am

As Mel Brooks once said, "It's Good to be the King."

Hey House of Ainsley, I bet that SlipKnot I posted awhile ago is looking pretty good when compared to Katy Perry.

This is what metal should sound like.

Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 pm

OMG!! I just recently discovered Skillet. I know they've been around for ages, but I don't get out much lol.

Loooooove them!!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:36 am

Here you go.  Soak in Amaranthe's entire "The Nexus" album before some corporate prole gets a polyp up his butt and takes this video down.  Wink

Also, it looks like at least two of the band members are peeing off the roof of that skyscraper. You can't unsee it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:42 am

Thanks for posting the whole album, but I already downloaded it.  Haven't got the new one that came out last month, but the single I heard is decent.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:29 am

Spirit of the Tiger wrote:
Thanks for posting the whole album, but I already downloaded it.

Was this before or after Gustov Ainsley started imploding faces all over Karkova?  clown
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:48 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:
Was this before or after Gustov Ainsley started imploding faces all over Karkova?  clown

Only here would that sentence be acceptable....
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:25 am

I downloaded the album shortly after it was available.  I wouldn't say I am in love in with the band, but I do enjoy their sound.  If you like the band I have included the latest single from their latest album Massive Addictive.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:34 am

Yeah, that's a pretty gravy song too. And welcome back, Wraith! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 7:35 am

Okay I found this band and I will tell you why after you rate their music.  HOA I would like to hear and honest opinion of their sound. 

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:34 am

Is it any coincidence that I start thinking that I'm watching The Craft all over again listening to L.A. Witch there? They kind of have that sound like Letters to Cleo (who had a song in that movie).

Sorry if it took half a year to reply. I'm forgetful sometimes. Neutral

Also, someone got inspired by Game of Thrones and made this tune. Enjoy. Smile

Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 2:31 am

What do you think of the redhead?  Please don't take a year to respond.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 7:11 am

It's hard to get a good look at her through all the camera cuts and special effects, that's what. Razz

This is the part where you reveal that she's your wife or your sister or something equally personal, right? Wink
Back to top Go down
Spirit of the Tiger
Valian
Valian
Spirit of the Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 am

Neither. She is my cousin that's how I found out about her band. I think their sound is okay, but I heard that she might be coming to the East Coast in the future so I will probably go see just because i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Tune of the Week!   Metal Tune of the Week! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Tune of the Week!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next