Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Empty
PostSubject: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:13 am

So here's how it works:

1) Look over the list of five questions.

2) Answer one question--no more, no less.
2a) If you're certain of the answer beyond all doubt, proceed to Step 3.
2b) If you're not completely certain, await confirmation from the question's originator before proceeding to Step 3.

3) Copy-paste the five questions into your post, but erase the question you just answered and replace it with a question of your own. Remember to lead the question with brackets indicating the RPG in question. All RPGs are valid foundations for a question, from Dungeons & Dragons (but be sure to mention the Edition you're citing from) to short-lived and ignoble third-tier games like WWF: The Roleplaying Game, if your Nerd Fu is strong.

4) You may answer one of your own questions only if no fewer than five posts--with answers and new questions--have passed with no resolution to that question. That allows a poster to "mercy kill" a question that is too obscure for anyone to answer. It only takes five such obscurities to kill this thread, after all....

5) Using search engines is bad form. You're on your honor here. Sad

Simple, eh? Cool

Okay, then. Here we go! Very Happy

1) [Promethean: The Created] Legend has it that the mage Pygmalion crafted lifeless material and imbued it with life to create a perfect woman to be his wife. Which Lineage is descended from Pygmalion's creation?

A) Frankenstein
B) Galateid
C) Zeky
D) Ulgan
E) Tammuz

2) [In Nomine] Which of these is not a Choir of angels?

A) Cherubim
B) Malakim
C) Elohim
D) Calabim
E) Kyriotates

3) [Mage: The Ascension] The Tenth Sphere was finally discovered by the Enlightened, triggering the Ascension--and everything that came with it--as outlined in the Time of Judgement books. By what name was the Tenth Sphere called?

A) Telos
B) Euthanatos
C) Time
D) Correspondence
E) Nephandus

4) [Dungeons & Dragons, Third Edition] The scimitar is a popular weapon among player-characters in both Dungeons & Dragons and its computer-game derivative, Neverwinter Nights. This popularity is largely due to:

A) The scimitar's large Critical Hit multiplier.
B) The scimitar's broad Critical Hit range.
C) The scimitar's hefty damage die.
D) The scimitar's affordability and price-to-damage ratio.
E) The large number of deities whose Domains confer useful abilities to scimitar-wielding clerics.

5) [In Nomine] Blandine's tower is thickly inhabited and zealously guarded by Blandine--the Archangel of Dreams--and a great concentration of her Angels of Dreams, along with dream constructs and other security measures. Why?

A) The top of Blandine's tower contains a door opening into Heaven, a door through which any intruder--including demons or even the Princes of Hell--could enter Heaven.
B) Blandine's tower houses the Final Trumpet which the Archangel Gabriel will one day sound to herald the arrival of Judgement Day, and the Final Trumpet must never fall into the wrong hands.
C) Blandine's chamber contains the Book of Names, one page of which holds the True Name of God, which an infernal sorcerer or scholarly demon could use to rewrite anything in all Creation.
D) Blandine's tower must never be destroyed, for if her tower ever falls, Beleth--the Princess of Nightmares--and her demons will gain complete dominion over the dreamscapes of all mankind, plunging all the world into neverending nightmare.
E) Within the pinnacle of her tower, Archangel Blandine personally guards the Heart of Lucifer, as she has done since before the Fall. As long as Lucifer's Heart exists--pure, untouched and unshattered--there remains the hope that Lucifer will one day atone for all his sins and return to Heaven to become the Archangel of Light once more.
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:07 am

i'll answer question #1

b: Galateid

new question

1) [Palladium Fantasy Roleplay 1st Edition]

Which character class was often considered the most dangerous melee fighter?

a) Mercenary Fighter

b) Assassin

c) Paladin

d) Soldier

e) Theif

A) Cherubim
B) Malakim
C) Elohim
D) Calabim
E) Kyriotates

3) [Mage: The Ascension] The Tenth Sphere was finally discovered by the Enlightened, triggering the Ascension--and everything that came with it--as outlined in the Time of Judgement books. By what name was the Tenth Sphere called?

A) Telos
B) Euthanatos
C) Time
D) Correspondence
E) Nephandus

4) [Dungeons & Dragons, Third Edition] The scimitar is a popular weapon among player-characters in both Dungeons & Dragons and its computer-game derivative, Neverwinter Nights. This popularity is largely due to:

E) The large number of deities whose Domains confer useful abilities to scimitar-wielding clerics.

5) [In Nomine] Blandine's tower is thickly inhabited and zealously guarded by Blandine--the Archangel of Dreams--and a great concentration of her Angels of Dreams, along with dream constructs and other security measures. Why?

A) The top of Blandine's tower contains a door opening into Heaven, a door through which any intruder--including demons or even the Princes of Hell--could enter Heaven.
B) Blandine's tower houses the Final Trumpet which the Archangel Gabriel will one day sound to herald the arrival of Judgement Day, and the Final Trumpet must never fall into the wrong hands.
C) Blandine's chamber contains the Book of Names, one page of which holds the True Name of God, which an infernal sorcerer or scholarly demon could use to rewrite anything in all Creation.
D) Blandine's tower must never be destroyed, for if her tower ever falls, Beleth--the Princess of Nightmares--and her demons will gain complete dominion over the dreamscapes of all mankind, plunging all the world into neverending nightmare.
E) Within the pinnacle of her tower, Archangel Blandine personally guards the Heart of Lucifer, as she has done since before the Fall. As long as Lucifer's Heart exists--pure, untouched and unshattered--there remains the hope that Lucifer will one day atone for all his sins and return to Heaven to become the Archangel of Light once more.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 am

Dang it. Somebody else answer. I never got into Paladium much. Neutral
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

let alone first edition eh? i'll give you a hint, i'll drop once class from the list per day.

todays drop will be

D) Soldier

is not the dealiest hand to hand combatant
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 pm

If we're talking about traditional roles, I'd have to say

C) Paladin

Because while thieves and assassins typically have wicked offensive power (through backstabs and sneak attacks, poisons, nerve cluster strikes and such), their prime utilities come outside of combat (stealth, disabling traps, et al)...and in combat, one or two good hits will send them to the floor bleeding.

Paladins, traditionally, hold up well in both offense and defense...with or without the supplementary divine spells.

How'd I do? Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:27 pm

actually, it was mostly that the Paladin in the first edition wasn't like the DnD Paladin, it was "the best of the best" at lvl 15 it ended up with 5 attacks per melee, and insane damage bonuses

the assassin is the second ba=dassed, as their regulardamage bonuses were slightly lower, but they did get Deathblow on a natural 20
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Ah, cool. Back to me, huh? Cool

1) [Marvel Superheroes] A score of 100 in any Attribute, Talent, Contact, Superpower or other stat would be considered which Rank?

A) Feeble
B) Typical
C) Excellent
D) Unearthly
E) Shift X

A) Cherubim
B) Malakim
C) Elohim
D) Calabim
E) Kyriotates

A) Telos
B) Euthanatos
C) Time
D) Correspondence
E) Nephandus

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Ah, its so sad that I don't know any of these... yet. I'll wait to see if I can show some intelligence in this area... until then....

I'm learning...
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Learning is good. And, if nothing else, you can always hazard a guess (if only so the next person to answer has one less choice to deal with). Wink
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:53 am

Right then, I'm going to take a crack at this:

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:54 am

Unfortunately, that's not the right answer. The scimitar does 1d6 damage; among other weapons in its size class (Medium, the largest weapons which can be wielded one-handed by humans, dwarves and elves), the scimitar's normal damage output is handily outclassed by those of the heavy mace (1d8), morningstar (1d8), longsword (1d8), battle axe (1d8), warhammer (1d8), light flail (1d8), trident (1d8), heavy lance (1d8), bastard sword (1d10) and dwarven waraxe (1d10).

So if you're going to get a one-handed melee weapon and you're solely interested in a bigger damage die, go with one of those other weapons listed above (though you'll need the Exotic Weapons Proficiency feat to wield the bastard sword or dwarven waraxe effectively). So all these other players who give scimitars and rapiers to their characters are interested in something besides a bigger damage die. But what? Neutral

I've gone ahead and crossed Option C off that question. Care to take another crack at another question, maybe? Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:23 am

i think it's D. tha affordability and price to damage ratio (speaking of which, i REALLY need to find my copy of NwN and get it installed on my new computer.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:15 am

Hmmm.... well and good for that info, thanks Very Happy

Okay, I'll have a crack at number 5.

Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 9:46 am

S.E.A.M.U.S wrote:
i think it's D. tha affordability and price to damage ratio (speaking of which, i REALLY need to find my copy of NwN and get it installed on my new computer.
Unfortuantely, that's not it either. The scimitar costs 15 Gold and deals a base of 1d6 damage. The longsword also costs 15 Gold yet deals 1d8 damage. And both the battle axe and the light flail inflict the same damage as a longsword yet costs even less...10 Gold and 8 Gold, respectively.

So if you want more base damage for your dollar, there are several better options than the scimitar.

But that's two down, three to go. *scratches Option D off the list* Cool

Wraith wrote:
Hmmm.... well and good for that info, thanks Very Happy

Okay, I'll have a crack at number 5.

As much as both the Angels of Dreams and the Demons of Nightmares wish the other side didn't exist, it's not even certain if either tower can be destroyed. And despite their differences, Blandine's angels and Beleth's demons have been known to join forces against any other Archangels and Demon Princes who try to horn in on their territory: the Marches and all the dreamscapes which wander through them. So for now the two sides are content to keep each other in stalemate--allowing neither Dreams nor Nightmares to dominate the Marches and the dreams of the sleepers--and are not interested in destroying either of the two towers.

So that's not a correct answer, either. But maybe my mouse-drawn map of In Nomine's ethereal and celestial planes will help clarify the question a bit. Wink

The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! InNomineCosmology
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Right then, I stand to look like more of an idiot now, but I'll change my answer to Option A.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:52 am

You got it. Very Happy

The whole point of Hell, of course, is the separation of demons and fallen angels from God and Heaven. You choose to devote yourself to evil, you forfeit your right to bask in the rewards of goodness and light. Granted, the demons born in Hell don't really have much of a choice in the matter, and free will means that even Infernal agents can have their redeeming virtues. But try telling that to Heaven's old guard.

Fortunately, a demon who got into Heaven would get about as far as an angel who got into Hell would. Beyond Blandine's tower is the great, fiery mountain (basically a volcano) where Archangel Gabriel and the Angels of Fire reside. And Gabriel and her angels have a millenia-long reputation of purging demons away with sacred fire. (Yes, Gabriel manifests more often as a female nowadays.) And not much further are the domains where Michael (the old warhorse himself, the Archangel of War) and Laurence (the Archangel of the Sword) hold court.

Still, for those Princes of Hell who might possibly entertain notions of invading Heaven and settling old scores (Belial wanting to trounce Gabriel, Baal wanting to trounce Michael, and so on), Blandine's tower would be a tempting target for a Prince-led raid. Fortunately, Beleth hates most of the other Princes of Hell, and she and her demons work as hard to keep them out of the Marches as Blandine does.

Okay, Wraith, your turn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:59 am

Also, you do not look like an idiot. Just a noob. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm

LOL, don't know if that's better than looking like an idiot Very Happy

Erm, how exactly am I supposed to ask a question when I'm such a noob?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 am

Hmmm...that's a good question. :?

You're sure you've never tried any roleplaying games at all? The hoary old classic Dungeons & Dragons? Tunnels & Trolls? Bunnies & Burrows? Very Happy

...or perhaps one of the more modern works, like Vampire: The Masquerade (or any of the other World of Darkness games)? Or GURPS, or All Flesh Must Be Eaten, or Deadlands...well, pretty much any game which involves a bunch of people sitting down at a table together, drawing up characters and rolling dice while a frazzled-looking individual behind a tagboard Game Master's screen tells everyone else what happened with that battle axe that the barbarian just hurled at the giant, or why they can't convince the king that they're ambassadors from Middle Earth, or what's going on in the game's imaginary world in general? Smile

Come now. Everybody has played Bunnies and Burrows at least once.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 am

LOL, sorry Ainsley. In my relatively short life, I've never had the pleasure of sharing my love of fantasy with anyone else other than with the medium of the written word. Usually online as well.

Though I have played RP like games like Baldur's Gate and Champions of Norath (1 and 2).

But no... I was brought up in the outback - then in the 'surfy' side of town. So unfortunately, no 'geeks' like me.

Believe it or not, I had to go all the way overseas to get my geeky boy Shadow!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:57 am

Hmmm...Baldur's Gate is based on D&D 3.0, as I recall. I guess you could just go with something from that, then.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:02 am

Umm okay, I'll give it a go:

5) [In Baldur's Gate: II] You may, should you choose, to combine your given weapon or armor with runes and gems. This gives them special properties. In this instance, combining your dagger with a ruby will result in what combination?

A) Increased treasure drop: Target's death will result in 10% increased treasure drop.

B) +5 to amor class. Wearer of said weapon's armor class will increase by 5 points.

C) Vampiric: Target will bleed for 10 seconds on successful hit.

D) +10% destroy undead: Undead targets will be hit for 10% extra damage.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 3:54 am

Hmm. If past games of similar sort are any indication, I'll hazard a guess with C) Vampiric. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:06 am

LOL, and you'd be correct. I guess that makes it your turn again?
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 am

I suppose so. One of these days, GD is going to peek in here and get involved...I hope. Very Happy

1) [Marvel Superheroes] A score of 100 in any Attribute, Talent, Contact, Superpower or other stat would be considered which Rank?

A) Feeble
B) Typical
C) Excellent
D) Unearthly
E) Shift X

A) Cherubim
B) Malakim
C) Elohim
D) Calabim
E) Kyriotates

A) Telos
B) Euthanatos
C) Time
D) Correspondence
E) Nephandus

5) [The first World of Darkness series] Which World of Darkness game required each player to play two roles, rather than just one?

A) Vampire: The Masquerade
B) Wraith: The Oblivion
C) Hunter: The Reckoning
D) Mummy: The Resurrection
E) Changeling: The Dreaming
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!   The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Roleplaying Game Round-Robin Quiz!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next