Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Own Arty Stuff!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:53 am

Yeah, I'm linking to my DeviantArt account...for now. Wink

Oh, look! I did a cartoony-like doodley on the various Choirs and Bands of In Nomine and how they correspond to each other (except for the smite-happy, paladin-like Malakim and the infernal-pact-making Lilim, who don't really have equivalent Bands or Choirs on the other side of the line). I even threw in little references to those lovable Relievers, Imps and Gremlins, as well as a wee homage to In Nomine's trademark burning feather. Enjoy. Very Happy

http://bloodywedd.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-In-Nomine-Quibble-106042045

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey kewl! Those were sooo cute!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 4:05 am

Wraith wrote:
Hey kewl! Those were sooo cute!
I dunno...that djinn's looking kind of mean and mangy, if you ask me. Cool

Also, I really need to pick up my pencils and finish some of my doodles which have been in progress for a while (doodles of my Calabite of Dark Humor, my gunslinging preacher that I play in a friend's Old West GURPS campaign, the continued story of Miranda Lassiter's creation, a few more works for the House of Ainsley campaign...). I'm surprised that I actually finished the doodles of my forerunner character for Promethean: The Created...and, since she's a Frankenstein, I only thought it appropriate to include the eight women who went into making her.

(Warning: Nakies...eight nude dead women and one nude patchwork sin-against-God's-dominion, to be exact. Embarassed )

http://bloodywedd.deviantart.com/art/Miranda-Lassiter-Original-95872135 (No words)

http://bloodywedd.deviantart.com/art/Miranda-Lassiter-Lab-Notes-95881889 (Lots of words)
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: House of Ainsley Doodley-Doo!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 am

Here's a bunch of doodles I made of various antagonists for the House of Ainsley campaign, as it was originally on the CoHGuru forums. Some of the antagonists were tailored to specific player-characters; others were not. Some had the potential to become allies, or at least non-antagonists; others did not. The antagonists were set in various timeframes of the campaign, past, current or future; the knight Ashton Ainsley had already slain Lieutenant Eisa Gannolva at the time of the drawing, while Sir Markov Stern was fighting Sir Ainsley up until the campaign petered out on those forums...and so Danika Primm may never have her moment in the sun (figuratively speaking, if not literally).

I never did get around to shading and highlighting these drawing properly. I wonder if I should do that....

My Own Arty Stuff! CABitarosielSm
(Clickie)

The erinyes Bitarosiel--a beguiling devil--having a moment of diplomacy with the drow elf necromancer Antinidia Zaumtor.

My Own Arty Stuff! CAGrim-by-BonesSm
(Clickie)

Grim-by-Bones, a vile and corrupted treant destined to cross paths with the ranger Yavana Ainsley.

My Own Arty Stuff! Minibosses1

Chapter Zero minibosses (left to right): Linimeira the young night hag, polymorphed and true form (encountered and slain by Antinidia Zaumtor); Shann MacOrton, the leader of the poachers (to be encountered by Yavana Ainsley); the gnome vampire Razozel Tinbrick (also to be encountered by Yavana); the malformed and battle-scarred archpirate, Captain Hethakan Sharper (encountered and slain by Corwin Ainsley...events which will soon unfold on these forums as well).

My Own Arty Stuff! Minibosses2

Chapter Zero minibosses (left to right): Lieutenant Eisa Gannolva of the Karkovan army (encountered and slain by Sir Ashton Ainsley); Sir Markov Stern, knight of the House of Stern and officer of the Karkovan army (also encountered--but not slain--by Ashton); Tiplit the Imp (persistently meddlesome pest to be encountered by Vallin Stern); Danika Primm (to be encountered by Ashton); Minister Kaurg Thavari, ghoul cleric of Doresain conspiring against the Scarlet Order (to be ferreted out and exposed by Minister Thornton Ainsley of the Scarlet Order); Praetor [CENSORED], turncoat and co-conspirator betraying the Scarlet Order to Minister Thavari (also to be ferreted out by Thornton); Acolyte [CENSORED], co-conspirator and aide to Praetor [CENSORED] (also to be ferreted out by Thornton).

Thornton Ainsley's prologue was set up like a detective-style mystery, with Thornton and various other clerics of the Scarlet Order trying to dig up clues, piece together evidence and find the culprits responsible for a rash of ghouls and other undead cropping up around the seminary campus, as well as the murders of a growing number of Scarlet Order clerics. Hence all the secrecy. I don't suppose that anyone else here might fancy playing a Scarlet Order cleric, eh? Wink
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 am

Apologies for not touching the House of Ainsley forum last night. I was doodling again. Smile

Mary O'Knickers by ~Bloodywedd on deviantART

See?

I have to get back on that Metal Tune thread and my frost giants, too. Man, time has a way of slipping away from me. Try for tonight, then? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Very cool, LOVE the reflection!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm

I love it too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 pm

Yay, more background stuff!

So since I can't access IV at work, I've been on the clock playing plenty of Neverwinter Nights instead, that hoary ten-year-old single player and multiplayer game based off of D&D 3rd Edition. Its flexibility has helped NWN stand up to the test of time pretty well, and my favorite haunt--the Pirate Isles server, set in Prespur, the Pirate Isles and the Sea of Fallen Stars, which are part of D&D's Forgotten Realms setting.

After rolling up a test character or two, I finally settled on my main: a Cleric of Umberlee. In the Forgotten Realms, there are several ocean gods, and when your scenario is set in a large chain of islands, it stands to reason that the ocean gods are pretty influential. There are several deities worshipped purely by sea-dwelling races (such as the kuo-toa's Blibdoolpoolp, the sahuagin's Sekolah and the giants' Ulutiu) but the heavy-hitters are the elven god Deep Sashelas, the Good protector god Valkur, the Neutral and impartial god Istishia and the Evil destroyer goddess Umberlee.

Valkur's all about protecting seafarers and ensuring safe journeys and calm waters, while Umberlee's all about sending horrible sea storms and krakens your way if you don't pay her a fat tribute before you cast off...and even then, she may smash your ship and drown you anyway, just for the hell of it. And Istishia somehow manages to be friends with both of them--even though Valkur and Umberlee hate each other's guts--which goes to show how neutral he really is.

The good news for clerics of Umberlee is that practically every port town is so scared to death of Umberlee that pretty much every sailor--even the goody-two-shoes ones--give Umberlee prayers and toss money into the sea before leaving port, and her clerics can walk right down the street unmolested in most port towns around Faerun. Unfortunately for Serrica (my Umberlant cleric), Prespur's two port towns both have a pretty strong Valkurite presence, so with the complement of a high Wisdom (17 and climbing), she is the thinking man's Chaotic Evil: lying, deceptive, manipulative, opportunistic, treacherously political, unpredictable and undermining, with the ranks in Bluff, Persuade and Intimidate to back it up. And knowing that the Valkurites would ferret her out immediately if she tried to pass herself off as a Valkurite, she's been passing herself off as an Istishian instead. It seems to have worked so far.

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-TokTok03

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-WaterWalk2
(She can walk on water too! Very Happy )

Serrica's campaign of deception serves two purposes: to allay people's suspicions about her true objective, and to indebt people into aiding her--or to at least allow her to do as she pleases--when the time comes to complete that true objective in a master stroke. That true objective is to build and consecrate a temple on Prespur, giving the Church of Umberlee--and Umberlee herself--a foothold on Prespur's soil. After some back-and-forth correspondence with her Church, Serrica learned that there was once a shrine to Umberlee somewhere on Prespur, but the cleric attending it fell off the face of the planet, as did every other cleric sent to find out what happened. And after a while of questing, Serrica finally succeeded where others had fallen, finding the lost shrine to Umberlee, which had since been defiled by a nearby harpy flock in the name of Ardat the Unavowed.

Serrica has been killing harpies, gathering materials and making plans to move the shrine, reconsecrate it and restore it to service ever since. And ideally, by the time Valkur's people catch on, it'll be too late and the Church of Umberlee will have a foothold too entrenched for the Valkurites to force out. With a greater cleric presence, Umberlee's power over the islands will grow drastically in magnitude, an alarming thought for anyone who actually has to live in Prespur and the Pirate Isles.

Chaotic Evil characters can be fun, if you know how to play them right. Wink

Umberlee's Domains are Chaos, Destruction, Evil and Water, but Neverwinter Nights doesn't have Chaos as a Domain. Not that it matters; I would have picked Evil and Water for Serrica's Domains anyway. And I did. Water and the other elemental Domains are underrated; being able to cast Ice Storm as a Level 5 Cleric spell is sweet, as is being able to Rebuke elementals as if they were undead. A certain gnoll cave on that server has water mephits, and turning the mephits against the gnolls was one of the coolest moments I've ever experienced on that server.

(Or it could be that mephits are Outsiders instead of elementals...which still wouldn't matter, because Serrica's Evil domain lets her Rebuke Outsiders as if they were undead. Either way, Serrica just flashed her holy symbol of Umberlee--that red staff with the purple crystal up there--and scared up some temporary mephit-flavored sword fodder.)

So I went and doodled up the details of Serrica's overarching quest, as it stands. More doodles will be coming, as Serrica (and I) cook up various designs for the new shrine (or temple, if I can gather enough wood, metal and stone) incorporating various amounts of materials, as seen in the doodles here.

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-SerricasSketches01

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-SerricasSketches02

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-SerricasSketches03

My Own Arty Stuff! PI-SerricasSketches04

I may have to fix a few things in these pics. I just added a west face to that ridge in the first pic, and I think Serrica's left upper arm is a bit too long in that pic with the harpy. I'll deal with it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Own Arty Stuff! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Own Arty Stuff!   My Own Arty Stuff! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Own Arty Stuff!
Page 1 of 1