Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Empty
PostSubject: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:46 am

...better known as SEAMUS' birthday. Have a good 35th, dude. Cool

Also, I beat you to the punch by skipping Global Agenda to play Magicka, which I see you've been playing a lot lately. Great game with a great magic system. Cold+Cold+Cold+Cold+Cold (force) = my favorite crowd control spell. Arcane+Arcane+Lightning+Lightning (force) = my favorite troll killer. Arcane+Arcane+Lightning+Lightning (area) = "Get the hell off me, fools!" Earth+Shield (self) = my panic button. Earth+Shield (area) = "Okay, you guys all stand out there while I buff up and nuke you the moment you break a hole in my wall." Earth+Earth+Earth+Earth+Earth (force) = the spell that I'm usually waiting to nuke them with.

Water+Cold+Water+Cold+Water+Cold+Water+Cold+Water+Cold (force) = Ice+Ice+Ice+Ice+Ice (force) = another nice nuke, if I have time to set it up.

I'm still trying to find uses for Steam (Water+Fire) outside of casting the Rain spell...which isn't a bad use for it, I guess. I cast Water+Shield (self) to help keep the rain off me, then cast Water+Steam (the Rain spell), then readied five Lightnings and walked over to meet the goblins crossing that stream in the first chapter. They all got wet from the rain, then I let them get close and Death Blossomed on them with Lightningx5 (area). Tore their little butts up good. Twisted Evil

Too bad my graphic card sucks, or it would be a lot more playable. Once I get that fixed, I can join your wizard squad online and help you kill everything that moves. Except for the peasants. Because Vlad told me not to kill them. Apparently it's okay to get them wet with Rain and/or Waterx5, though, so let's do that. Razz

Anyway, happy birthday! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:29 pm

try lightning arcane shield fire area of effect. it surrounds you with exploding mines (and unless a goblin drags you onto them they are spread out enough that you won't get hurt by them)

I also like lightning arcane fire fire fire beam, cause of the dot effect and it wipes out bosses in like seconds.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:48 pm

I tried your Lightning+Arcane+3 Fire. I agree. It rips 'em up good. Twisted Evil

I'm more a fan of kicking battles off with massive direct damage, though, and Earth attacks bring the DD by the truckload. 4 Earths +1 Arcane makes a pretty good "rocket launcher" if you want a little splash damage with your 3,000-or-4,000-damage Earth attack. Exploding boulders FTW. Wink

Or try Earth as an area attack. It damages everyone standing too close to you and the tremor knocks them on their butts. Use chains of tremors to keep those goblins on their backs until they're dead. 1 Earth alone can shake off those annoying goblins who like to ride your shoulders, while 5 Earths make a positively huge earthquake that rips up most of the screen.

I'm getting to be a big fan of Earth magic. Cool

You were right, too. Steam and Ice are incompatible, so no Steam+Ice spells. Ice alone gets pretty nasty, though; it has a spread, so it's better against mobs, but a single 5-Ice blast alone took Behold the Watcher down to about half health. I'll try that the next time I bump into those two goblin shamans and their herds of lackeys. Wink

Area Ice attacks throw ice shards all around you...another nice way to keep the gobs from crowding you. Don't use Ice on yourself unless you're a masochist...damage from the Ice and more damage from the Fire you have to use to thaw yourself out afterwards. Hobbling around in a snowy robe is kind of funny to watch, though. Very Happy

(Ooh! I wonder if you can combine Ice and Earth, or Ice and Arcane. I'll try those too.)

And I remember now: That water shield doesn't last very long in a Rain spell, so I think that it was Water x5 (area) that I used to mass-electrocute all those goblins. Water Shield is still great for crossing a stream without getting wet, though. Which leads to the question: what is Rain good for, anyway? What's the point of getting everything and everyone drenched if you can't unleash a lightning storm on their soggy butts?

Yeah, I'll just stick with my usual Water area attacks and Lightning arc chasers. Let me know if you figure out what Rain is good for.

So...does the full version of Magicka let you save your progress? I'm getting kind of tired of having to start in the dungeon over and over....

And did I mention Happy 35th Burfday? I could swear I did. Wink
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 am

rain is good for if you're inside of a shield and know lightning bolt
you can save your progress in the full game, and multiplayer aswell
(multiplayer has friendly fire!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:33 am

Happy birthday mate! hope you have a great day. And that the rest of your year is just as great :-)
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 am

For some reason, I still like it when Wraith calls people "mate". Very Happy

Also, here's a little something to make your birthday a little more cheerful (for you and anyone else who clicks it): Space is Fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:57 pm

my birthday loot!!!!

an xbox 260 controller for my pc
a super nice new gaming headset
Dead Rising 2
and either Guild wars complete pack or Lego Harry Potter (I get to pick it out)

Xbox makes good PC accessories... the headset is like those old fashioned headphones, with a cloth mesh covered foam earpieces that actually covers the whole ear.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x11.aspx
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 am

Happy Birthday Seamus!

Sorry it's a bit belated tho.
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:35 am

The House of Ainsley wrote:
Also, here's a little something to make your birthday a little more cheerful

In the name of Holy God, WTF was that?!?!??!?!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 am

Yeah, I knew about X-Box peripherals working with PCs. Considering that the X-Box is basically a PC that's been optimized for casual console gaming, that shouldn't really be surprising. Good call, though. Wink

So it looks like you did pretty well there. My advice? Screw Lego Harry Potter. Go for Guild Wars. I hear nothing but good about it. Cool

GoldenDrakon wrote:
The House of Ainsley wrote:
Also, here's a little something to make your birthday a little more cheerful
In the name of Holy God, WTF was that?!?!??!?!
A meteor filled with wonder and merriment. Why? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm

lego harry potter is more to coplete my lego collection, as i have all of the other lego games (except lego universe) i wish that they had done a better job on "lego indiana jones the complete adventure"... on lego star wars the complete saga they just took the lego star wars 1 and 2 and smoshed them together... for the lego indiana jones they actuallly redid the levels.

also i get a date with my wife to Benihana's!!!!! yay date night!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!   Happy SEAMUSoweenmas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy SEAMUSoweenmas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion Vale :: Elfsong Tavern :: Common Room-
Jump to: