Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Thread of Dread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

The Thread of Dread Empty
PostSubject: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 am

This one's for you, Wraithyboo! pig 

So...how many Blue Bolts have I earned, GD? Laughing 
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 7:29 am

When that ended, I totally foresaw a giant bug zapper appearing and frying the lot of them...
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 am

Omg!! How did you know i like Winx?!! Totally not kidding. So sad when that ended.....

But blech!! CG? That sucks!!! Won't be watching that one!
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 am

GoldenDrakon wrote:
When that ended, I totally foresaw a giant bug zapper appearing and frying the lot of them...
And I totally foresaw them all merging into a giant robot for some reason.  "And I'll form the head!"  Very Happy

(Even though that friggin' gloryhound Bloom would surely call dibs on the head and upper torso, Tecna would totally rock as the giant Winxbot's right arm.  She'd be morphing the hand into cutting lasers and chainsaws with monomolecular teeth and other neat stuff....  Wink )

Wraith wrote:
Omg!! How did you know i like Winx?!! Totally not kidding. So sad when that ended.....
It came up some time back, while we were talking about WITCH.  I remember things.  Wink

Wraith wrote:
But blech!! CG? That sucks!!! Won't be watching that one!
Oh, come now.  What's wrong with CG?  I've seen their original animated stuff.  Thanks to CG, they have fluid animations and emotional expressions now!  They actually have five toes on each foot now!  Every faerie needs smooth animations, appropriate emotions and a full set of toes.  Isn't it great?  Very Happy

On the other hand, now they also have weird blobs of sparkly colors covering their nakie bits, rather than nifty little auras of blinding light.  But you can't have everything.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:21 am

Call me a traditionalist.... but I remember the glorious days when handdrawn was everything!! I kinda feel more connected to traditional animation than actual go for balls CG.

Interestingly enough... i love the smooth transitions and merges of the new cg anime stuff.That stuff is polished!!! Then again, they like thir CG to actually look like traditional animation.

Just sayin XD
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 am

Well, even if it put my manliness at risk, I went ahead and watched several Winx Club episodes before posting this topic, since I like to have at least some idea of what I'm talking about before I start talking about it.  And, entertaining though they are, Winx Club and WITCH didn't get me addicted like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic did.  And why the spork did they go and turn Twilight Sparkle into an alicorn, daggit?  Shocked 

But hey...how about that song there?  Catchy, isn't it?  Smile

And I agree that there is something nebulously pure or virtuous about hand-drawn animation.  It brings me back to a simpler time where artists were more dedicated to such crafts.  Of course, hand-drawn animation was harder to pull off, and it could lead to results which were anything from hyper-cool (ie. the old Dungeons & Dragons cartoons) to consistently horrid (ie. all of the sludge that Hanna-Barbera used to churn out in the 70's and 80's).

Isn't nostalgia great?  Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:21 am

Hey!  Since I have it in my head now, here's something else to dread!

You have nine hours to kill, right?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 3:34 am

https://imgur.com/gallery/7uxak

You wish that you had that Black Lotus! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thread of Dread   The Thread of Dread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Thread of Dread
Page 1 of 1