Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Birth of a Nation Day!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:22 am

...at least here in the States, that is. Our nation just turned 240 years old, and many happy returns. Smile

So how did all y'all fritter Independence Day away today, eh? Cool
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

Male Number of posts : 1586

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:09 pm

Turned out rather well actually. Year two for our fireworks stand and we actually made money this year! sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:05 am

So what profits are you projecting for Year Three? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 pm

Happy 4th everyone!

So we never really know what our profit margin will be from year to year... so far we are doing well. This is the year we expanded to a second stand as well so I'm hoping that it will turn a profit too. So far, it is breaking even, but today is the make or break day!

cherry
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 pm

Sorry if I'm replying late. Life's been life, I guess.

So how many employees did you have to hire to run the second stand, then?
Back to top Go down
GoldenDrakon
Weaver of Tales
GoldenDrakon

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 8:22 am

I drafted my wife and one of my Cali friends this year. Total of 4 of us although 'volunteer' is a better word than 'employee'. Smile Anyway, we did exceptionally well this year, given that just about all the other independent stands were run out of business in the last 3 years. In total, we made just shy of 10 grand total. Of course, of that, more than 7 went right back out to pay the bills. Damn commission.

In the up side, we turned much of what profit we had and used it to buy most of our remaining fireworks outright. This way, we can do what we want with them and we don't have commission next year....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 4:49 am

Call me clueless, but I always figured that "commission" meant "a share of the profits that you get back from selling something."  Which is good if you're the salesman, but kind of annoying if you're the customer.  But the way you're talking about commission, it sounds like something bad resulting from overstock when the business shuts down for the year.  So what's that kind of commission about?  Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Birth of a Nation Day!   Happy Birth of a Nation Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Birth of a Nation Day!
Page 1 of 1