Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling

Go down 
+2
Wraith
The House of Ainsley
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 am

This is a thread which we can use to schedule Gametable link-ups and detail any such multiplay sessions.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:06 am

Here's a nice nifty site that should help us all get on a schedule.

The World Clock

And it could help if we all went by GMT time.

My current GMT is +10 (as I go through Sydney Time)

If we can work out your respective GMT's then we'll know who's behind or before someone Very Happy

Here's a website that lists most US states GMT's: American GMT Listings
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

Sorry about the delay there; I was making dinner: scrambled eggs (from our very own chooks), salmon filets, romaine salad and sweet tea. When you're nocturnal, you get used to eating dinner (lunch? breakfast?) after midnight.

But Greenwich time works for me. In fact, I'm firing up my Gametable right now, if you want to link up and help me figure out this multiplay thingie. Smile
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:40 am

Ooh, this is nice. Gametable 2.0 already comes with environment details like rocks and trees. My own add-on rocks and trees might be unnecessary now. Smile

Unfortunately, I can't get V 2.0 to load my V 1.2 map, so the two editions of Gametable are indeed incompatible. That means I'll have to reconstruct my HoA maps from scratch if I want to run V 2.0.

Good thing I have Sundays off.

Anyway, my Hosting IP is 12.5.101.59, no password. See if you can connect, Wraith (or anyone else who has Gametable 2.0 standing by). I'll be waiting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:44 am

I still have to download the client but let's see if I can get on.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:45 am

Okiedoke. And while you're waiting for the download, you can answer my riddles! Razz
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 am

Aha! I saw you jack in for just a second! We're clearly on the verge of success here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 pm

Just letting everyone know that we were both very successful using Gametable and spent a couple of hours testing it out. I would really suggest downloading it - it's simple and only about 4megs.

Very cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Okay, I'd like to thank Wraith for being a huge help with Gametable tonight. I think I've just about got this thing mastered now. Smile

So tomorrow, 11:00 PM GMT (or 6:00 PM Central, or 1:00 PM Sydney time), I plan on hosting a short homebrewed test adventure, The Tinstone Warrens of Harhagg's Cove. It's kinda sorta optional, but you might to make the following dice macros:

General
d4
d6
d8
d10
d12
d100
2d6

Corwin only
(Fortitude Save, Alive) d20+6+2
(Fortitude Save, Undead) d20+6+0 (for those rare instances where undead do get a Fort Save...and they usually don't.)
(Reflex Save) d20+1-1
(Will Save) d20+4+4

(Initiative) d20-1

(Base Melee Attack) d20+7
(Base Ranged Attack) d20+3
(Base Smite) d20+11
(Base Power Attack 1) d20+6
(Base Power Attack 2) d20+5
(Base Power Attack 3) d20+4
(Base Power Attack 4) d20+3
(Base Power Smite 1) d20+10
(Base Power Smite 2) d20+9
(Base Power Smite 3) d20+8
(Base Power Smite 4) d20+7

(Trident Damage) d8+3
(Trident Critical) 2d8+6
(Trident Smite Damage) d8+7
(Trident Smite Critical) 2d8+14
(Trident Power Attack 1 Dam) d8+4
(Trident Power Attack 2 Dam) d8+5
(Trident Power Attack 3 Dam) d8+6
(Trident Power Attack 4 Dam) d8+7
(Trident Power Smite 1 Dam) d8+8
(Trident Power Smite 2 Dam) d8+9
(Trident Power Smite 3 Dam) d8+10
(Trident Power Smite 4 Dam) d8+11
(Trident Power Attack 1 Crit) 2d8+8
(Trident Power Attack 2 Crit) 2d8+10
(Trident Power Attack 3 Crit) 2d8+12
(Trident Power Attack 4 Crit) 2d8+14
(Trident Power Smite 1 Crit) 2d8+16
(Trident Power Smite 2 Crit) 2d8+18
(Trident Power Smite 3 Crit) 2d8+20
(Trident Power Smite 4 Crit) 2d8+22
(Trident Damage vs Charge) 2d8+6
(Trident Critical vs Charge) 4d8+12
(Trident Smite vs Charge) 2d8+10
(Trident Smite Critical vs Charge) 4d8+20 (YEOW!)

(Rebuke Undead Max Hit Dice) d20+2
(Rebuke Undead Total Hit Dice) 2d6+6
(Dispel Turn Undead) 2d6+6
(Bolster Undead) d20+2

(Profane Lifeleech Damage/Healing per Victim) d6

(Climb) d20+5
(Climb in Half-Plate) d20-2
(Concentration, Alive) d20+4
(Concentration, Undead) d20+2
(Handle Animal) d20+3
(Intimidate) d20+5
(Jump) d20+7
(Jump in Half-Plate) d20+0
(Knowledge: Religion) d20+6
(Profession: Sailor) d20+9
(Spellcraft) d20+4
(Swim) d20+7
(Swim with Armor+Shield+Trident) d20-7

Karnoz only
(Fortitude Save) d20+3
(Reflex Save) d20+8
(Will Save) d20+0

(Initiative) d20+4

(Base Melee Attack) d20+4
(Base Ranged Attack) d20+7
(Dagger Melee Attack) d20+5
(Dagger Ranged Attack) d20+8
(0-30 ft Shortbow Attack) d20+9

(Dagger Damage) d4+2
(Dagger Critical) 2d4+4
(Dagger Sneak Damage) d4+3d6+2
(Dagger Sneak Critical) 2d4+3d6+4
(Shortbow Damage) d6
(Shortbow Critical) 3d6
(0-30 ft Shortbow Damage) d6+1
(0-30 ft Shortbow Critical) 3d6+3
(0-30 ft Shortbow Sneak Damage) 4d6+1
(0-30 ft Shortbow Sneak Critical) 6d6+3 (EEK!)

(Alchemy) d20+6
(Appraise) d20+5
(Disable Device) d20+10
(Disguise) d20+6
(Forgery) d20+10
(Gather Information) d20+6
(Hide) d20+11
(Knowledge: Nature) d20+5
(Move Silently) d20+11
(Open Lock) d20+12
(Pick Pocket) d20+11
(Read Lips) d20+7
(Search) d20+11
(Tumble) d20+12
(Use Magic Device) d20+6

Sylvea only
(Fortitude Save) d20+4
(Reflex Save) d20+1
(Will Save) d20+7

(Initiative) d20+0

(Base Melee Attack) d20+3
(Base Ranged Attack) d20+3
(Staff as Double Weapon Attack) d20-1
(Staff as Double Weapon Extra Attack) d20-5

(Northern Cross Staff Damage) d6
(Northern Cross Staff Critical) 2d6

(Rebuke Undead Max Hit Dice) d20+0
(Rebuke Undead Total Hit Dice) 2d6+5
(Dispel Turn Undead) 2d6+5
(Bolster Undead) d20+0

(Concentration) d20+2
(Diplomacy) d20+2
(Disable Device) d20+2
(Hide) d20+1
(Intuit Direction) d20+4
(Intuit Direction + Northern Cross bonus) d20+24 (Never get lost again!)
(Knowledge: Arcana) d20+3
(Knowledge: Religion) d20+3
(Profession: Apothecary) d20+4
(Profession: Herbalist) d20+5
(Sense Motive) d20+4
(Spellcraft) d20+3

Will I convert these to loadable .xml files for your own Gametable client? Sure. I think I can work that into my schedule. Wink

And the difference between Craft and Profession is that Crafts rely on Intelligence and pure know-how, while Professions rely on Wisdom and intuition. Aren't you glad that Herbalist and Apothecary are both Professions, Wraith? Sylvea's Wis bonus is notably higher than her Int bonus, after all.... Cool

Last edited by The House of Ainsley on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Wraith wrote:
Just letting everyone know that we were both very successful using Gametable and spent a couple of hours testing it out. I would really suggest downloading it - it's simple and only about 4megs.

Very cool Very Happy
Word. Cool

But, as we discovered, the Flip command doesn't work. And don't try the Set to Background command on any underlays; it seems to be a little bit glitchy.

Other than that, do as the lady says. Greatness awaits. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Oh sorry! I've got a Driver's Lesson tomorrow at 12:30 and prolly won't be finished until 2pm.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Ah, should we bump it forward two hours, then? Or would three or four work better for you?
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Well, I'm not sure what is happening tomorrow. You see, I have to take my comp in to be serviced (yet again) but because of the driving lesson I don't know if I'll have the time either in the morning or in the afternoon. So.... I don't know if I'll even have my comp tomorrow. Or for the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Hmm. Then we'll just wait and see how your compy works out for the rest of the week before we commit to anything. There's no sense in leaving you out of our first online multiplay Gametable adventure foray, especially over something unavoidable like computer issues.

And tell them to do the job right this time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:33 pm

LOL, thanks!

*waves* Night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 7:31 pm

Night night. Smile

Also, the first map for The Tinstone Warrens is done! The DM private map feature is very useful, but it's still pretty hard to pull off secret things like secret doors, traps and such; if you leave them in with the rest of the private map, then you're probably going to plunk them down with the rest of the map features as you reveal the map. And once the players have seen that spiked pitfall trap that you accidentally revealed, it's pretty hard for them to ignore it and roleplay around it; most players are interested in the continued survival and advancement of their characters, after all.

Taking a quick break to crop up some decent monster pogs that I don't already have. brb.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Oookay, once burned, once learned.

Anyone who would use Gametable as the Gamemaster, take note: Gametable treats the common map and the private map as two separate maps, not just one. Therefore, if you want to save your work, you need to go to the common map and save it (for example, as TinstoneWarrens.grm), then switch to the private map and save that too (for example, as TinstoneWarrensPvt.grm). And you would do something similar when loading the maps, loading each map file after switching map modes.

Unfortunately, for all its welcome new features, one thing that Gametable 2.0 seems to lack is the autosave function of its forebears. So while I had the foresight to save my work, I only did so while in Private Map mode. And then I quit Gametable and restarted after I was done making some more pogs and such.

Also, one of the new features of V 2.0 is the Overlay layer. Overlays are similar to underlays except that they always superimpose underlays regardless of placement order, and pogs superimpose both. So the overlays should include stuff that is part of the terrain yet sits on top of the floor...for example, the mine car tracks that I just doodled up. No matter how you drag the floor around, the floor will never cover up the mine car tracks. Makes sense, right?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to bed, wake up and try to recreate the common map for the first chapter of the Tinstone Warrens. I lost a decent friggin' pirate ship over that mess, too.... *grumble grumble...*
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 6:53 am

Well that well and truly sucks. Anyway, good luck with all the map making and sorry to hear that it won't load the old version's maps.
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:02 am

ooh.. you coudl also let us know your AIM or yahoo im handle to arrange stuff, or skype for the voice stuff (i lilke skype for conference calls)
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Okay guys, remember, that sort of information is to be exchanged in private, okay? PM that stuff as per the rules I set up for the forum. Thanks.

Also, before sending said info, ask if the person you're sending it to if they want it in the first place. Just wanna protect my RPers, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:50 pm

oh, and update. I'll be sending my comp off tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:35 am

Okay, let us know when it comes home. I finally finished the first chapter of the Tinstone Warrens Gametable adventure, and I'm hoping it comes out perfect. I think Gametable could revolutionize online tabletop games and make speed-posting a breeze. Smile
Back to top Go down
S.E.A.M.U.S
Valian
Valian
S.E.A.M.U.S

Male Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

ainsley, i sent you a pm, hope you got it
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:44 am

Yeppers. Let me go have a peek....
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Okay fellas,

My comp has now come back. Not too bad for a service only been gone a few days.

Anyways, schedule away - the weekend's coming up so that's perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next