Illusion Vale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illusion Vale

A place where writers go to make their visions come alive.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling

Go down 
+2
Wraith
The House of Ainsley
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 am

The cool lava looks a little bright to me... but that's just me.

Oh and gametable this week for me is out. Perhaps you three should continue on the adventure? I won't be able to make too many gametables, unless I can do them on saturday night. Which just happens to be tonight.

So I'll pop in again... some time later.

Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
Keeper of the Dark Mirror
The House of Ainsley

Male Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 6:10 am

Hmmm...I might have to work on that lava a bit more, then. Danke.

Also, even though I probably have better things to do, I took a break from writing down notes for all of Corwin's trade transactions and hammering up a few more things for our Gametable goodness. Rest assured, SEAMUS, the end of the tunnel that is Corwin's brief days as a seafaring trader is in sight. Hang in there. Cool

Genies

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieJannGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieJann2
Jann

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieDjinniGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieDjinni2
Djinni

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieEfreetiGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 GenieEfreeti2
Efreeti

Want some wishes? Run west into Lebeq Prime (or one of those other nice, sandy, quasi-Arabian or quasi-Persian or quasi-Turkish lands) and find one of these guys...the older, the better. Don't expect them to just hand over the goods, though; there's usually some test or quest involved. Ya gotta impress these hoary old otherworldly beings before they pony up for your little heart's desires, don'tcha know? Wink
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 am

Demons

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonDretchGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonDretch2
Dretch

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonQuasitGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonQuasit2
Quasit

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonSuccubusGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonSuccubus2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonSuccubus3
Succubus

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonBebilithGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonBebilith2
Bebilith

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonRetrieverGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonRetriever2
Retriever

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonVrockGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonVrock2
Vrock

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonHezrouGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonHezrou2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonHezrou3
Hezrou

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonGlabrezuGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonGlabrezu2
Glabrezu

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonNalfeshneeGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonNalfeshnee2
Nalfeshnee

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonMarilithGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonMarilith2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonMarilith3
Marilith

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonBalorGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DemonBalor2
Balor

Hellspawned outsiders native to the Abyss, demons--or Tanar'ri, as they refer to themselves and as other Outsiders refer to them--are extraplanar embodiments of chaos, wickedness and ruin. The only thing which can be predicted about demons is that they cannot truly be predicted, and while some demonic breeds are fearsome engines of destruction, others can be equally malevolent and ruinous through mastery of guile, subterfuge, temptation and manipulation; though fierce and powerful if cornered by blade or by spell, many demons greatly prefer to avoid battle, embrace subtler arts and make games of leading mortals down a dark path to despair, damnation or self-destruction. Some seasoned mages will go to great lengths to summon and bind demons to their service, but even when bound, demons are never to be considered completely safe, and they are never to be trusted.
Back to top Go down
Wraith
Lady Illusion
Wraith

Female Number of posts : 2187

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Oooooh, preeety.....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Wraith wrote:
Oooooh, preeety.....
It's the mariliths, isn't it? Smile

Yeah, six-armed half-serpent demon women always succeed in bringing the sexiness. You should see how many marilith pics on the internet feature topless mariliths without any strategically placed arms or swords to cover up the jumblies; I actually had to turn down a few of those, just because the three pics above were prettier (well, that second marilith--from a pic where she's trying to slice up Drizzt Do'Urden, no less--is less "pretty" and more "bad-ass"). Apparently mariliths are the new succubi. Very Happy

For that matter, why is it that I could scarcely manage to Google up any pictures of quasits or vrocks or glabrezu, yet I could find mariliths and succubi by the hundreds? On second thought, I'm pretty sure that we can all guess the answer to that one, right? Razz

Next up: Devils, where we'll see how many hits I get when I Google up "erinyes". Stay tuned....
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Devils

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilLemure1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilLemure2
Lemure

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilImp1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilImp2
Imp

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilOsyluth1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilOsyluth2
Osyluth
(Bone Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilKyton1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilKyton2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilKyton3Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilKyton4
Kyton
(Chain Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilHellcat1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilHellcat2
Hellcat

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilBarbazu1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilBarbazu2
Barbazu
(Bearded Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes3Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes4Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes5Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilErinyes6
Erinyes

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilHamatula1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilHamatula2
Hamatula
(Barbed Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilCornugon1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilCornugon2
Cornugon
(Horned Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilGelugon1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilGelugon2
Gelugon
(Ice Devil)

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilPitFiend1Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilPitFiend2Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 DevilPitFiend3
Pit Fiend

Hailing from the Infernal plane Baator, devils (most of them from Infernal families known as Baatezu among planewalkers and outsiders) are the living embodiments of domination, tyranny, oppression and torment. Their Hell is governed by a rigid caste system in which authority derives not only from personal power but from political station. Contrary to what many mortals believe, devils and demons are not allies; rather, the two are bitter and grudge-bearing enemies who vehemently contend with each other as well as the benevolent outsiders for the destiny of the Prime Plane and all its inhabitants, and the enduring Blood War between the despotic Baator and the anarchic Tanar'ri stretches back farther than many of these Hellspawn can--or care to--remember.

Devils are a bit more predictable than demons are, and any devil typically maintains a degree of honor and honesty in their work. Many a tragically mistaken infernalist or diabolomancer has concluded from this that devils can be bound to a mage's will by a variety of arcane and cosmological laws, never conceiving that, rather than being slaves to the forces of the Law, devils are instead masters and manipulators of it, and more than one wizard has had the tables turned on him when his oathbound devil finds and exploits a loophole in their Infernal contract. The summoner's fate is usually quite bleak after that; devils take malicious delight in enslaving those to whom they were once enslaved, and payback can indeed be Hell.

And let me tell you: sometimes, I wish those pogs were larger, especially those normal-sized pogs for Medium-sized creatures. Because taking this much detail...

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Hamatula
Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 KytonFemGametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 KytonMale
Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 ErinyesScales
Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 ErinyesQueen

...and stuffing it into a 64x64-pixel square (which is an even less area after you omit the little gray ring and the four corners of the square outside it) is pretty bloody hard to do.

As for those dark-angel-like erinyes, the D&D 3.X Monster Manual likens them to the devils' version of incubi and succubi in their description ("Hey, look at my boobies! Wanna nibble? Okay, now I get to make a depraved sinner out of you! Come on, it'll be fun!" Yeah, I don't think the succubi need any help with that game, considering that they pretty much wrote the book on it. I think that book's titled Kama Sutra or 120 Days of Sodom or something. Friggin' demonic harlots...).

But, considering that devils tend to do more high-handed commanding than underhanded enticing ("Ask your insignificant questions, worm, and be quick about it!"), I prefer to hold the erinyes to their roles in classic Greek mythology (where they're better known by their less ancient Roman name, the Furies), where they function more as fallen angels of judgement, devils of vengeance and Chthonic tormentors. And apparently a lot of erinyes pics on the internet agree with me. Do something particularly bad and an erinyes might just pay you a visit; maybe she'll cut you a deal, maybe she'll share wine with you while she figures out a surefire way to goad you into completely dooming yourself, or maybe she'll just chain you up and flog you silly, depending on circumstances. They can get a bit carried away on that whole punishment-and-castigation thing....

And I do still have that customized erinyes with that big, magical, Infernal trumpet waiting in the wings. Give her a chance to jump in somewhere, will you? Smile

(Also, it's pronounced "ih-RIN-ee-eez". I looked it up. The singular form's the same as the plural form, too. Razz )
Back to top Go down
The House of Ainsley
The House of Ainsley

PostSubject: Re: Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling   Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:04 pm

While I'm on that vein of thought, okay...remember the Greek myth where someone murdered Agamemnon, and Apollo took Agamemnon's son Orestes aside and told him to hunt down and kill Agamemnon's murderer? So it turned out that the person who killed Orestes' Dad was his Mom, Clytemnestra. So Orestes stuck a knife in her and killed her, thus fulfilling his oath to Apollo and avenging his father's death.

Meanwhile, down in Hell or Tartarus or the Underworld or whatever, the three Erinyes watched Orestes kill Clytemnestra. They didn't know the whole story; all they saw was a guy stabbing his own mother to death. So the Erinyes said "It's go time", slammed down some Powerade, threw open the gate to Hell, went topside, hunted Orestes down and jumped up his crack bigtime. We're talking about chasing him all over Hell's half-acre, clawing his back to ribbons, sticking torches in his face, flogging him with venomous snakes, spraying lemon juice in his eyes, choking him, chokeslamming him through a dozen card tables, throwing his car keys off a cliff, rolling his car into a lava flow, pulling his hair while the other two Erinyes took turns kicking him in the jimmies...that sort of mess. Brutal. Those devil chicks did not play games.

Gametable Tests and Multiplay Scheduling - Page 10 ErinyesOrestesPainting

(Yeah, don't look at me. I guess everyone pretty much ran around naked back in ancient Greece. Mario and Martino Prada--and fashion industry moguls in general--would go positively loonie-tunes from having absolutely nothing to do if you timewarped them back to yon days of yore. But I digress.)

So Apollo finally got the memo which said "Hey, Orestes completed his mission and now the Erinyes are slapping him stupid all over the Mediterranean, come quick!" So Apollo told Athena, "Yo, go clean up that mess." And Athena came down from Olympus and told the Erinyes to back off. And they did. Because nobody tangles with Athena. Nobody.

Except for maybe Kratos. Razz